TiVo's new Premier Elite boasts simultaneous recording of 4 channels

vbimport

TiVo’s new Premier Elite boasts simultaneous recording of 4 channels.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/08/JyPK1b.png[/newsimage]Details of the TiVo Premier Elite have surface via a FCC filing and it's quite a doozy of a device.  The Elite is the retail model of the Premier Q which is on it's way to TiVo cable partners.  From the details in this newest FCC filing it seems the Premier Q and Premier Elite are very similar devices and very likely to carry a hefty price.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/tivos-new-premier-elite-boasts-simultaneous-recording-of-4-channels-50097/](http://www.myce.com/news/tivos-new-premier-elite-boasts-simultaneous-recording-of-4-channels-50097/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Not sure if the consumer version will have MoCA. There is also a stand alone box for cable operators that will turn the Q into a whole house DVR. No hard drive, but would require a cablecard. Not sure if there will be one for consumers.
Neither of the new boxes will do analog. Which is fine. Analog is a thing of the past.
The four tuner ability while streaming to a remote box is impressive. Especially doing it with one cablecard. I just hope that they get the HD menus completed before its release. (Unlike the Premier, which has yet to be done.)

Hey Pioneer,

Here’s your chance to sue TiVo! ; - )
Pioneer Elite / Premier Elite. See what they did there!

Signed,
Someone who would never pay the ridiculous TiVo fees after buying the box.

[QUOTE=redk9258;2599904]Hey Pioneer,

Here’s your chance to sue TiVo! ; - )
Pioneer Elite / Premier Elite. See what they did there!

Signed,
Someone who would never pay the ridiculous TiVo fees after buying the box.[/QUOTE]

Well. It won’t be called Premiere Elite. It will just be called Tivo Elite. Sorry Pioneer, you’re out of luck.

I’m still wondering when some aspiring upstart will begin offering powerful consumer DVR’s without a subscription fee. Seems that a product like that would blow TiVo out of the water.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2599918]I’m still wondering when some aspiring upstart will begin offering powerful consumer DVR’s without a subscription fee. Seems that a product like that would blow TiVo out of the water.[/QUOTE]There are many F/OSS DVR systems like MythTV. The problem is that TV scheduling info is not free, at least not in the USA.

The problem is that TV scheduling info is not free, at least not in the USA.

TitanTV?

[QUOTE=RTV71;2599934]There are many F/OSS DVR systems like MythTV. The problem is that TV scheduling info is not free, at least not in the USA.[/QUOTE]
I’m not talking a build-it-yourself solution like MythTV, I’m talking about some aspiring company actually building a retail DVR product that has no subscription fee. And there are definitely some free programming guides out there, MythTV uses them and so does GoogleTV.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2599951]I’m not talking a build-it-yourself solution like MythTV, I’m talking about some aspiring company actually building a retail DVR product that has no subscription fee.[/QUOTE]With a free platform like MythTV, you could start a business selling them.[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2599951]And there are definitely some free programming guides out there, MythTV uses them and so does GoogleTV.[/QUOTE]The situation must of changed since I last looked a few years ago.

400 channels of Junk, Garbage, Crap and something Far Worse!
Who in their right mind would want to record any of it, never mind 4 channels at the same time?
These things will probably sell by the Semi Load in the States.

[QUOTE=olddancer;2600103]400 channels of Junk, Garbage, Crap and something Far Worse!
Who in their right mind would want to record any of it, never mind 4 channels at the same time?
These things will probably sell by the Semi Load in the States.[/QUOTE]

Here here. I have loads of free UK channels I never watch. I watch 4 channels at most (Mainly because they are in HD). Nothing much of worth airing other than news and even that is biased.

I’ve been able to record two channels at once for years now and I’ve never experienced the scenario where I needed to be able to record more.

TBH I don’t have enough time to watch all the stuff I record from one channels at a time let alone four! :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Occasionally I’d like a 3 tuner DVR but that’s all I could imagine.
Every once in a while Kimmel, Craig and Fallon all three look good but I’m limited by my dual tuner Tivo, NO I’m not up that late to watch one live. Also during Sweeps and especially Thursdays I might want one extra tuner. Otherwise 2 tuners cover 99% of my recordings.

Real world usefulness aside, there’s definitely a certain badassness to being able to record 4 separate TV broadcasts at once.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2600146]Real world usefulness aside, there’s definitely a certain badassness to being able to record 4 separate TV broadcasts at once.[/QUOTE]Compared to downloading the same content over BitTorrent?