Titles Support List

Just tried Alien again today and MakeMKV ripped it fine!

My copy of Alien (from Amazon) ripped fine as well, but MakeMKV reported (and corrected?) quite a few AV sync errors.

Did you see something similar?

Zero AV sync errors, but then I only ever rip the single DTS-HD MA 5.1 English track.

Hmm, did you rip the Theatrical version or the Director’s cut (the Theatrical version is a hair longer).

I ripped the 5.1 and 4.1 tracks on the Theatrical release, MakeMKV reported about 25 instances of sync issues with both streams.

Also, do you have the ‘Show AV synchronization messages’ option enabled in Preferences?

Thoose error is most likely caursed by the seamless branching

Re-ripped theatrical out of curiosity. This time with the sync box checked. :slight_smile:
Got sync errors too.

Thanks for checking! At least it doesn’t seem like I have a bad disc.

I may try and watch this tonight…

Black Hawk Down (2001) is out and supported! Can’t wait to check this one out.

DeUHD Movie updates 20190429

Brawl in Cell Block 99
Bumblebee
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
MTB Heroes
Pandas
The Witch

Supported:

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)

Cold Pursuit (2019) is also out and supported.

Hannibal (2001) is also supported

DeUHD Movie updates 20190506

Black Hawk Down
Gods of Egypt
Hannibal
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part

Backdraft (1991) is supported

Crank (2006) is out and supported.

DeUHD Movie updates 20190513

Backdraft
Cold Pursuit
Crank
Field of Dreams
Glass
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Mia and the White Lion
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

I’ve been out of the game for bit. Have a few inquiries.

No one here talks AnyDVD, just DeUHD and MakeMKV. Any reason? Has AnyDVD not kept up?

If I did get back in, I’m going to to for the M9702 or a jailbroke Oppo and would only do ISO rips. Any issues relying on DeUHD for ISO rips nowadays?

Reading through the last months of posts, seems like rip support is coming real quick and reliably now and often available by the time the discs release. That pretty much true?

And no more AACS 2.1. That’s good.

Thanks!

Welcome back @TrackZ

Now that Mike is doing all AACS key updates directly in MakeMKV I’m not sure that AnyDVD has kept up with title support. Since MakeMKV and DeUHD (as a fallback) have been reliable for creating backups in my situation I have not had a need to check in on the state of AnyDVD.

As for DeUHD and ISO backups I can’t say directly as I don’t do ISO, but I can say that the few times I have used it to rip a troublesome disc it has worked great. I think Arusoft has worked out the kinks and now creates a true 1:1 backup.

And yes, AACS 2.1 appears to be hibernating for now. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Thanks @Balthazar2k4.

Late last year I landed a sweet deal on a Kscape Strato (<$2300). So I spent time getting a library in that via UV and such. I sold my Oppo and took my server down. Had the Syno and drives for sale for a little while but haven’t sold them yet.

K is nice, but it had some kinks too. Now UV is going away and they are still not in MA. I’m having a hard time swallowing $30-$36 for many new titles without a port out digital right. K still does have like 250+ more UHD/HDR titles than have come to disc though so there’s that. And I am still hopeful they will get MA. The limited storage space with a 90 minute download time is kind of a hassle too. I can only keep about 100 movies locally at a time. It’s a decent amount, but our selections are fickle when we sit down to watch something. And their store still misses a lot of content on disc (anime, Ghibli, etc).

But I kind of miss the server too. It’s like buying a Lamborghini and just driving it vs. the hot rod I put together in my garage. Both sweet. But I kind of miss tinkering with it all, jailbreaking devices, and putting a linear power supply in my player just cause I can, for example.

I don’t know. I’m also strongly considering just going full Apple iTunes. The quality is so close to disc on video and the atmos offerings on iTunes also give disc a closer match up. Content is really cheap, instant playback, and they have almost everything along with the most UHD content around in the store.

Argh…

My issue with iTuens and for any “streaming” service for that matter is that you don’t own it when you purchase it. Even if there are just a few titles you would want to own, they are not guaranteed to be available for ever even after you “purchase” them. This has happend with iTunes

On top of that you are in their ecosystem. We do a mix of iOS/OSX/Windows/Android (various) in my family, and not having that capability to support all those devices/operating systems would be a real mess.

Now I say all of that fully acknowledging that the day is coming where streaming is it. There will be no more physical except perhaps like the old days of “Laser Disc”, and everything will simply be all you can eat. until you stop paying that is.