Titles Support List

yeah that drawfs me. i am well over 100 now and probably close to 200.

fact is: disc delivers the best quality.

now if someone could solve the Dolby Vision problem. right now there is no solution to rip and remux that layer into say an mkv or other containers. and there is nothing capable of playing it yet

Damn… A year already. Time flew by. :astonished:

I am fundamentally replacing my standard BD collection and taking the attitude that this will probably be my last ‘hoorah’ in physical media. Plus, I think we are starting to hit diminishing returns regarding resolution. 4K will last me for a very, very long time.

The downside of this grand plan of mine is that I am chewing up server space at an unprecedented rate. Down to 30TB out of 110TB. Just added another 12TB parity drive to my SnapRAID configuration. Of course, while I was at it, upgraded to an i7-8086K and 32GB of RAM too. Oh, and threw in a Quadro P2000 for transcoding duties. You know… cause I had too :slight_smile:

is anyone else having problems playing 4k movies ripped using makemkv on 4k uhd lg tv?? they play fine on my pc but not on tv can someone plz help me.

I have a LG 4K UltraHD as well and all 4K movies play like a charm. I use a NVIDIA Shield with a NAS for storage and playback (and I still have all my blu-rays).

If you are attempting to use an app within your LG TV for MKV playback, it’s a known issue some people have run into. Google is your friend as it has been discussed in several places already. You are using unreliable apps with poor support/development.

Often the solution is to use another playback device like a Shield, OPPO player, etc, that better supports MKV container playback.

nope no apps just the onboard media player

The on-board media player in the TV is a TV application (“app”), which is part of the TV OS. Often Google Android based. Again, they are not reliable or developed as extensively as other players/options out there. So don’t expect greatness.

EDIT: Additionally, this is NOT that kind of a support thread. There are many others for these types of questions already.

Happy anniversary everyone, although I came very late here, I remember back then when capture cards where the only solution, still I became to really collect UHDs when the hashed keys where leaked on MakeMKV on January. My discs purchases have pretty much 10x since then (as so my storage). As someone said before: A lesson for Hollywood there.

Side notice, now I just want @Balthazar2k4 rig :smirk:

Looks like Shutter Island, Hook, Step Brothers are supported

New hashed keys (https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959), additionally supporting

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (UK)
Hotel Artemis
Hotel Transylvania 3

Also, Step Brothers, Hook and Hotel Transylvania 3 are Sony titles but apparently come without AACS 2.1. Seems like Sony abandoned AACS 2.1 for the time being.

Talking about AACS 2.1, how’s mike progress to support it?

TBH, i hope he ain’t using much time on it, so far only 2 movies have been released with 2.1

While he hasn’t spoken to me about it in months, I would guess that unless it shows up on more titles he isn’t devoting much effort to it any longer.

Those 2 titles rip with DeUHD fine though, right?

Yep. I have them listed in the first post and what supports them (which is only DeUHD at this time). If that ever changes I will keep it updated.

DeUHD Update list " 20181008 "

Adventure Yellowstone
Best Of 4K
Best Of 4K Vol. 2
Best of UHD
Canary Islands 4K
Death Wish
DTS Demo vol.21
Flying Clipper
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hook
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
Humpback Whales
Journey to Space
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Namibia 4K
Passenger 4K
Pawo
Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich
Rampage
Rocky Mountain Express
Serengeti
Shutter Island
Skyscraper
Step Brothers
The First Purge
The Last Reef: Cities Beneath The Sea
The Purge
The Purge: Election Year
Uncle Drew
WAGNER: Lohengrin
Wonders of the Arctic

Got the Evil Dead UHD disc today. Looks like no support yet.

Do we have to do anything any more now that MakeMKV and AnyDVD phone in? Or still need to send some info somewhere?

I usually don’t get discs brand new so support is usually there by the time I rip.

Still have to send the dumps as before. Only difference is that MakeMKV will download the keys when they are available.

On a side note, how does it look? I’ve never been a huge Evil Dead fan, but am tempted to pick it up anyways.

YMMV, but:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Evil-Dead-4K-Blu-ray/211492/#Review