Titles Support List

Maybe you’re right, I hope not for the sake of media playback hahaha.
So far the studios which spend more money on watermark & new protection tend to sell less because they have to somehow protect the movies that fewer people tend to buy and therefore there’s a risk of illegal sharing of such tittles. This is not a correct and accurate statement, but I believe that Disney, Fox, Paramount and Warner releases are selling better than Universal, Lionsgate and Sony discs because they tend to produce movies that generally please more customers. The others just enforce Cinavia and other copy protection such as AACS 2.1, I’m betting my 2 cents that if someone else jumps on 2.1, Universal and Lionsgate will be the next ones.

What I’m trying to say is that all those “hot selling tittles” tend to be from Warner, Fox or Paramount, which have absolutely no new copy protection or Cinavia, so it proves that these new encriptions aren’t giving them more money neigther preventing cracking & Piracy.
Edit: I live in Europe, can confirm that Fury and the Patriot discs have indeed AACS 2.1, the only question here is if European and US discs for those movies are the same looking at all those language audio tracks.

GDPR Regulations that apply to AACS 2.1:

“One of its important traits is that it will impact every entity that holds or uses European personal data whether they operate inside or outside of Europe. In short, no matter where you are in the world, if you sell goods to European citizens or process their personal data, you have to comply to the GDPR. This means the regulation will affect many more business than the current Directive, a positive aspect especially for EU citizens who are now more protected, but a less positive change for those businesses outside of the EU who find themselves having to comply with a new set of rules. This also solves the question many people in the UK have been asking: “does Brexit affect them and their business?” The short answer is that it all comes down to the individuals they work with. As it is unlikely, at least at first, that organizations in the UK will cut down all ties to EU individuals, they should comply to the GDPR, in order to be sure they will avoid unnecessary fines.”

Reference: https://eugdprcompliant.com/who-is-gdpr-for/

"Obtaining consent to process someone’s personal data has always been required. However, the GDPR makes it harder for data controllers to obtain it and easier for data subjects to retract it. As stated in the regulation, approval must be given freely, it must be specific, informed and unambiguous. It will not be valid if bundled with other matters, such as in the general terms, it has to be distinguishable from all other matters. Parental consent will be needed in order to process children’s data – at the moment the age limit is set at 16, but there are ongoing discussions for a lower age limit, but not below 13.

So, how exactly does this work?

• DATA SUBJECTS HAVE TO BE PROVIDED WITH A CLEAR EXPLANATION OF THE PROCESSING TO WHICH THEY ARE CONSENTING.

• UNDER THE GDPR, DATA SUBJECTS ARE PERMITTED TO WITHDRAW THEIR CONSENT EASILY. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT SILENCE OR INACTIVITY CANNOT BE CONSIDERED CONSENT. AS SUCH, PRE-TICKED BOXES FOR INSTANCE, ARE NOT CONSIDERED VALID CONSENT.

• CONSENT HAS TO BE SPECIFIC AND INFORMED. THE CONTROLLER HAS TO EXPLAIN THE SCOPE AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE DATA PROCESSING.

• CONSENT CANNOT BE APPLIED TO AN OPEN-ENDED SET OF ACTIVITIES, INSTEAD IT MUST BE LIMITED TO A SPECIFIC CONTEXT.

• THE LANGUAGE USED TO EXPLAIN THE NATURE OF THE DATA PROCESSING ACTIVITIES SHOULD BE NATURAL AND IN AN EASILY ACCESSIBLE FORM."

Reference: https://eugdprcompliant.com/how-does-consent-work/

“A much discussed topic is the IP address . The GDPR states that IP addresses should be considered personal data as it enters the scope of ‘ online identifiers ’. Of course, in the case of a dynamic IP address – which is changed every time a person connects to a network – there has been some legitimate debate going on as to whether it can truly lead to the identification of a person or not. The conclusion is that the GDPR does consider it as such. The logic behind this decision is relatively simple. The internet service provider (ISP) has a record of the temporary dynamic IP address and knows to whom it has been assigned. A website provider has a record of the web pages accessed by a dynamic IP address (but no other data that would lead to the identification of the person). If the two pieces information would be combined, the website provider could find the identity of the person behind a certain dynamic IP address. However, the chances of this happening are small, as the ISP has to meet certain legal obligations before it can hand the data to a website provider. The conclusion is, all IP addresses should be treated as personal data, in order to be GDPR compliant.”

Reference: https://eugdprcompliant.com/personal-data/

The way I read the info posted by Mike a few weeks back, is that the watermark does not exist within the stream, but is inserted by the player during the process of decryption.

In AACS 2.x the “decryption” process (by a player) is rather different from AACS 1.0 - compliant device not only decrypts the content but also actively meddles with it. Forensic mark is always inserted into video stream at the decryption layer. This mark contains player model and serial number along with environmental details. This information is preserved in video stream and survives screen / HDMI capture.

Since this happens on every playback, there’s no reason for the player to call home to report this into (you’d just get a million players calling home every day to report someone watched a disc). The true benefit is from being able to track those who capture and share the vids on torrent sites using the details contained within this mark. Whether or not this will have a meaningful impact on piracy remains to be seen, but it’s not hard to see how it may at least give a few people pause.

I have no reason to discount what Mike is saying, but I do have to wonder then what good it would truly do from AACS-LAs perspective. At this point, who is doing vid capture? Or better yet, why? Obtaining keys and creating 1:1 rips is now possible and easier than ever before. If that was truly AACS-LAs intent then it seems decidedly short sighted.

Could be one of two things…

1. 2.1 was pitched as a hardened implementation, and one that it would not be cracked…or at least not cracked for awhile.

2. This is just an initial implementation. Something new players will need to support, but with no real value right now. However, once 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, etc… come along (which are harder to crack), captures may be the only option. It may also ensure player manufactures are held accountable to enforce strict(er) HDCP, or risk some sort of penalty.

I have done multiple fresh OS reinstalls and never reinstalled deUHD since I haven’t needed it. I’d prefer to not reinstall it, but I’m wondering if mike will be able to get past this hurdle any time soon.
Anybody have any guesses on his progress?

Depends on how you define soon. Let’s just say he is diligently working on it :wink:

Ah, I love the sound of that.

I also love how that sounds.
I kind of suspected that given the frequency we used to get keys before ( every 1-2 days) to now that lately it has been new keys every 4 days or so, not complaining though, I kind of feel bad for Mike now that he has to crack AACS 2.1 and support new 2.0 titles, but I guess being the head of MakeMKV is not easy.

New Hashed Keys: 14/6/18

i think the reason we aren’t getting as many keys is because he has cracked mostly everything that is out. and now we are just getting new releases as the discs leak or become available in different countries.

Mission Impossible 1 - 5 4k UHD Blurays coming soon… Hopefully, as someone already has the discs, its only a matter of time before they send there files to mike/arusoft :slight_smile:

Providing they are not AACS 2.1. Arusoft is slow!

lets hope not, still no keys for Pacific rim 2 4k yet

Here in North America it doesn’t release until next week. Is it some kind of a race to be first?

The Patriot

is likely to be supported by DeUHD coming Monday.

That’s my guess as well.

Probbely already is, pirated version released by Terminal

Doesn’t work for me yet, but I imagine very soon it will.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: ATMOS Audio Drop Outs - Details thread