Moderators,sorry for the off topic post,but it is intended to help dvd2one users fully enjoy the program.
I know this topic will probably be moved because they will say its in the wrong forum,but I want to share this amazing DMA fix with all of my fellow dvd2one enthusiasts. and many of you may have already found this as well,but many more have not.
I found this at the doom9 decrypting forum: ripping speed from 10x to 2x....
QUOTE from la_Nce:
because I was bored yesterday I wrote a little tool that will gather
the 'normal' DMA checksums and then write them into registry in a configurable interval (e.g. 10 mins). I don't know if this keeps Windows from switching to PIO mode, but we will see.
Wishes and comments appreciated,
Sorry for my bad english!
you may have to uninstall both the primary and secondary IDE contollers in the device manager,then reboot,they will automatically re install,this seems to re set or clear the DMA log. the dmafix.exe keeps it fixed. i recomend going to doom9 ripping forum and reading the whole thread.
It worked for me,on my desktop pc, I was ripping at 2x with my pioneer A03 and 1x with my dvd-rom. i went through all the recomened steps to check the dma/pio settings with no result. i was resigned to the fact that that was the fastest i would ever rip without buying a new dvd-rom(not). But now i rip at up to 8x. First came dvd2one and now this,wonders never cease.
it did not work on my HP ze5170 laptop,it couldnt find the dma checksums for some reason.