Tired of reading threads for solution: anyone encounter inexplicable no-play?

vbimport

I really have tried to see if this has already been tackled, but can’t find a solution, so any help of suggestions appreciated.

Movie: All since DVDFab v. 5.X installed
Media: Verbie DL Singapore
Burn Engine: tried both Nero 6 & VSO
Write: tried both Clone & Full Disk, DVD-ROM booktype
HD’s are defragged
Burner: Benq ew1621, DMA enabled
Player: Liteon lwv-1107

The situation:
I completely wiped my system and re-installed everything (which I do annually). When re-installing DVDFab, it downloaded and installed v.5

Previously, my system & set-up gave me about a 70% success rate when burning. Now, I’ve gone through one spindle and am into the second with no successes.

The weird part is that the burn reports as a success, the discs have visibly been written, but they do get recognized, (“no disc”).

I’m beginning to suspect my player, but why would it have recognized burns prior to DVDFab v.5?

Thanks all, in advance.

If you insert the burned disc in your computer, will it play then?

I don’t have a comp-based player installed. Is there one you’d suggest/recommend me try?

VLC media player

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2064257]VLC media player[/QUOTE]ditto

[quote=martyp;2064247]I [I]really[/I] have tried to see if this has already been tackled, but can’t find a solution, so any help of suggestions appreciated.

Movie: All since DVDFab v. 5.X installed
Media: Verbie DL Singapore
Burn Engine: tried both Nero 6 & VSO
Write: tried both Clone & Full Disk, DVD-ROM booktype
HD’s are defragged
Burner: Benq ew1621, DMA enabled
Player: Liteon lwv-1107

The situation:
I completely wiped my system and re-installed everything (which I do annually). When re-installing DVDFab, it downloaded and installed v.5

Previously, my system & set-up gave me about a 70% success rate when burning. Now, I’ve gone through one spindle and am into the second with no successes.

The weird part is that the burn reports as a success, the discs have visibly been written, but they do get recognized, (“no disc”).

I’m beginning to suspect my player, but why would it have recognized burns prior to DVDFab v.5?

Thanks all, in advance.[/quote]

You are not alone on this issue.

The last seven movies that I have backed-up everything completes as a successful burn. The DvD players in question will sometimes recognize the the disc or will give a disc error and I have found that sometimes hitting the skip button upon insertion will allow the dvd players to play the disc which is very annoying.

Using DVDFAb Platinum Ver 5.0.2.0
Using Verbatim DvD+R DL Booktyped to DvD-Rom (Made In Singapore)
Used the slowest to fastest burn speeds.
Using Clone and full disc modes.

I tried six different burners, latest firmware

BenQ DW1640
Plextor PX-760A
Sony DRU-810A
LG GSA-H22N
Pioneer DVR-112
Lite-On LH-20A1L

I have tried three different DvD players

Sony
Toshiba
LG

All PC DvD burners will play the discs no problem.

:cool::cool:

Installed VLC, and the first “garbage” disc that I inserted played on the computer just fine.

So this indicates…?

A conundrum

[quote=martyp;2064271]Installed VLC, and the first “garbage” disc that I inserted played on the computer just fine.

So this indicates…?[/quote]My guess is the track is not closed. VLC may be able to pull it out if you’re playing it on the same drive it was recorded on. Get ISOBuster to know for sure. If you have IMGBurn, see if it will close the track/finalize the disc.

[QUOTE=signals;2064285]My guess is the track is not closed. VLC may be able to pull it out if you’re playing it on the same drive it was recorded on. Get ISOBuster to know for sure. If you have IMGBurn, see if it will close the track/finalize the disc.[/QUOTE]
Ditto…:iagree:

Well my sessions are closed, and yes I use Imgburn. But I still have issues.

Try ripping your DVD in file mode, then run your ripped DVD through FixVTS, then use ImgBurn in build mode to create .iso and .mds, then burn with ImgBurn in write mode. Limit your burn speed to 4X max.

I’ve also had this problem. DVDFab 4 works fine and continues to work fine, but I burned several disks with DVDFab 5 and only later checked and saw that they were all unreadable, giving a “no disk” error. The burn completed successfully (supposedly), but my machine cannot see any data on the disk or play it. I went back to burning with 4 and have not had further trouble.

I am testing with version 5.0.2.2 now.

Version 5.0.2.2 seems to work for me.

All
The VSO engine DLL has not changed since V4, so if a DVDFab upgrade helped I’m not sure why but glad it is working for some now. My success using VSO with Verbatim MIS DLs and my LG E60L has been hit and miss, but I have never had a failure with the same files/media/burner using ImgBurn. The “no disc” coasters I had were all identified by ISOBuster as either open track or open session and could not be fixed with any of Img’s Disc->Close tools or the similar function in VSO. I think there is still a free “utility” version of ISOBuster (or a free trial). It can help explain many bad disc issues if you are interested in pursuing them.

id guess it has more to do with dvd structure and not a burning problem.

those of you having trouble may be able to test this by using main movie or customize selecting only one title and no menus.

using main movie i have never had a play back problem.

I also had a disc - produced by DVDFab - which refused to play.
I looked on it with CloneDVD and saw that it didn’t have a “title 1” as it was removed by DVDFab (I think it was identified as “annoying title”).

I unchecked the option “Remove annoying titles” and till now everthing works great for me!

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2064269The DvD players in question will sometimes recognize the the disc or will give a disc error and I have found that sometimes hitting the skip button upon insertion will allow the dvd players to play the disc which is very annoying.
[/QUOTE]
Do you still have one of these defective disc?
Maybe you can check them with DVDShrink or AnyDVD to see if they have a “title 1”?

[quote=Pianoman;2064675]Do you still have one of these defective disc?
Maybe you can check them with DVDShrink or AnyDVD to see if they have a “title 1”?[/quote]

Yes I do, and none of them have a title 1

I already have that unchecked.

My other option which I have not tried yet is to see if a different combination of software will work or not.

I have no issues if I shrink the movie and burn it to single layer.

I’m going to give ImgBurn a try. I’ve heard it mentioned many times, but was reluctant to go to a two-step solution.

I just hope I’m using it properly!

Will post back.