Tired of Kaspersky Anti-Virus

I’m an user of Kaspersky Anti-Virus since the early 6.0 version. That version gave me some problems, too many BSOD’s for my taste. I always analyze crash dumps and the culprit it’s always klif.sys or avp.exe.
When they released KAV 7.0 I was hopping they had fixed the instability, and somehow they did, but from time to time I have BSOD’s, usually while opening webpages with Firefox. I’m tired of this AV software and I want to use a much stable one, without loosing security. Is there any product which matches Kaspersky while being more reliable?

Hi :slight_smile:
Kaspersky AntiVirus engine is held with hic=gh regard. So much so that many of its competitors are using version 6.
Try some of the freebies.
AntiVir is the one I use now from [B][U]Avira[/U][/B] . Works with 32 & 64 bit upto & including Vista.
Having used AVG & Avast for some time.

Give Nod32 a try.(free trial) I had PcCillin for four years than tried Nod32 and will never go back unless they change like the others.

http://www.eset.com/index.php

I vote for NOD32 also!

Thank you. I’m now evaluating NOD32.

If you decide to buy Nod it is now on sale at this address for $24.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832114002

That’s almost renewal price.

Forever Ain’t so long anymore

Have a look at this.

A pdf reader is needed.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse/report15.pdf

:cool: :cool:

i to like NOD32 as i think it’s pretty much the best av out there overall… Kaspersky is good to from what i heard.

[QUOTE=zebadee;1899490]Hi :slight_smile:
Kaspersky AntiVirus engine is held with hic=gh regard. So much so that many of its competitors are using version 6.
Try some of the freebies.
AntiVir is the one I use now from [B][U]Avira[/U][/B] . Works with 32 & 64 bit upto & including Vista.
Having used AVG & Avast for some time.[/QUOTE]

how is avira…seems to do well in tests :smiley:

I’ve used AVG for awhile and it’s worked well for me. It don’t see the point in spending money on a anti-virus when you can get a suitable one for free.

[QUOTE=Blodulv;1915519]how is avira…seems to do well in tests :D[/QUOTE]

I’m interested too as the latest NOD32 isn’t to my liking. How much memory does avira use?

Antivir from Avira is one of the best in terms of low usage of systems power/memory whatever.
It is consitantly ranked up there with the likes of Kaspersky & NOD32.
It is free give it a try.
Only you & your setup can really answer your questions.
The only negative with Avira is the popup ad for their paid for version when updating.
This is obviously a minor gripe.

One more vote for Avira from me, an ex Kaspersky user.

Ok…what’s the paid version got over the free in real terms (not marketing spiel)?

[QUOTE=IdontexistM8;1927781]Ok…what’s the paid version got over the free in real terms (not marketing spiel)?[/QUOTE]

Never tried it personally.
But this is their comparison chart.
http://www.free-av.com/

[QUOTE=zebadee;1927753]Hi :)The only negative with Avira is the popup ad for their paid for version when updating.
This is obviously a minor gripe.[/QUOTE]

This is easy to get around.

Create a path rule in the local security settings, under software restriction rules/additional rules and stop the pop up ad.

:cool::cool:

Well I’ve found the manual for the Classic edition, so I’ll have a closer look at that…appears to be plenty of updates a day. I’ll probably try the free when my NOD32 licence runs out on my old laptop.

If it’s any good then I’d be quite happy to pay the 13 odd quid for the full version. Looks good value.

[QUOTE=platinumsword;1927848]This is easy to get around.

Create a path rule in the local security settings, under software restriction rules/additional rules and stop the pop up ad.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

Where are you referring to this at in the firewall and which program? I don’t see anything like that under avira pe edition???

I am referring to windows local security settings. Stop avnotify.exe from accessing. No more pop-up.

Here is an example.

:cool::cool: