Timing / Sync Errors w/ AD-7200A and EAC

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7200A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]

I’m running an AD-7200A 1.09 drive in a VIPower VPM-6228T external enclosure w/ USB. I use this setup exclusively for ripping/writing using Exact Audio Copy. I’m getting some sync errors / timing errors with this combo that I don’t get with my Matshita UJ-120. The catch is that the AD-7200A reads so much faster, so I’m hoping there is something that can be done such as a firmware update to reduce the errors. I’m also open to suggestions for a good drive just for reading/ripping. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

[QUOTE=thecamyth;2451484][qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7200A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]

I’m running an AD-7200A 1.09 drive in a VIPower VPM-6228T external enclosure w/ USB. I use this setup exclusively for ripping/writing using Exact Audio Copy. I’m getting some sync errors / timing errors with this combo that I don’t get with my Matshita UJ-120. The catch is that the AD-7200A reads so much faster, so I’m hoping there is something that can be done such as a firmware update to reduce the errors. I’m also open to suggestions for a good drive just for reading/ripping. Any help is appreciated.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Does the disc have dust or fingerprints on it? or scratches, my Optiarc is kinda picky when it comes to that and slows down on a tiny little error that another drive doesn’t notice…

the disc i’m having trouble with is brand new straight from the packaging. what’s funny is one day i’ll run a disk and get several errors, but the next day it will rip perfectly. my dad has an ad-7200s in his computer, and it seems to read more consistently than my ide drive. i have read that eac can have trouble interacting with ide drives, so perhaps this is the issue. any suggestions on a good sata drive for reading discs?

chris