Timing cdclone 8x

ok i was just curious, because i read a post that people were saying they burnt DVDs in 8 minutes or so …

and i have no idea how this could be … unless they didnt include the creating vob files on the first part of cdclone

it takes me about 15 minutes to decrypt using dvddecrypter and about 20 minutes total using elby cdclone burning at 8x… is this normal or can it be even faster? (RIDATA media)

i am using
amdathlon xp 2400+
512 mb
liteon sohw-812s with lastest firmware

a) The software is called CloneDVD2
b) The write phase itself ( i.e. w/o the transcoding process ) usually takes approximately 9 minutes.
You can always test your drive+media combination using the app as follows :

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:RITEKG04]

Disc Type : [DVD-R]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEKG04]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Co.]
Disc Application Code : [Unrestricted Use : Consumer Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x] (8x Cannot Be Detected)
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

** INFO : An Empty Writable Disc Is Recommended For Accurate Results
** INFO : Drive = LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-812S [FW US0N]
** INFO : Write Capabilities = DVD+R DVD+R-DL DVD+RW DVD-R DVD-RW
** INFO : Disc = [DVD-R:RITEKG04]
** INFO : Write Speeds (Supported By This Drive On This Disc) Listed Below

** INFO : GET PERFORMANCE Write Speed Descriptor(s)
Descriptor #1 = 11080 KBPS ( 8.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 8310 KBPS ( 6.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #3 = 5540 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #4 = 2770 KBPS ( 2.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

DYMEPIMPIN Wrote:

it takes me about 15 minutes to decrypt using dvddecrypter and about 20 minutes total using elby cdclone burning at 8x… is this normal or can it be even faster? (RIDATA media)

I not sure you are adding up the number correct, if 15min with a 8X(8 min) thats 23 mintues, but are you saying it takes you 15 min with a XP 2400+, that pretty good if you ask me…

I have a pent 4 3.0 and it takes me 13-14 min to transcode and another 6min to burn(12X burner) so im around 19-21 minutes total time.

15min at 8x is very slow.

transcoding=15 to 20min… burning=7 to 8min, using 8x record media.

my burning box
Athlon1.33ghz
768mb ram
Pioneer 107D f/w 1.18

I don’t use dvddecrypter, but don’t you have to copy it to the hard drive before you transcode and burn?

HAMP i dont understand your last post … you dont use dvddecrypter … but with clonedvd2 you have to have the vob files and rest of them on the hardrive to transcode then burn correct?

what i meant on time was, it takes me 10-15 minutes to transcode, 8-9 minutes to burn … and then about 10-15 minutes with dvd decrypter, i was just wondering if this was normal

@ DYMEPIMPIN

You have me confused now, lol.

it takes me 10-15 minutes to transcode, 8-9 minutes to burn … and then about 10-15 minutes with dvd decrypter

I will just tell you my process, and then you will see what I mean.

1. Start CloneDVD and AnyDVD
  2. Put the Movies in the reader and a blank in the writer
  3. Uncheck the stuff I do not want, then make sure all setting are correct(ie. speed, dvdwriter)
  4. Click go and then 19 mintues to 21 mintues later, the entire process is finish and ready to watch the movies on my new DVD +R

ok i follow … see i use dvddecrypter to decrypt and put all the files on my hard drive which takes about 10-15 minutes … then i load elby clonedvd2, then it transcodes takes about 10-15 minutes, then burns 8-9 minutes

see i dont use ANYDVD … but if i follow correctly you dont have to put the files onto your harddrive with anydvd or what? it transcodes them automatically and then you just burn with clonedvd2 or what?

It is being placed onto the harddrive, it’s just being transcoded at the same time or you could say “transcoding on the fly”, and then burnt from that image.

So to answer your original question:

can it be even faster?

Yes, it can be :wink: :iagree: :iagree:

so it looks like i need to do this whole replacing of dvddecrypter with ANYDVD if it auto transcodes for me … cant go wrong there

anyDVD does have a trial, so try it out