Time Warner loses case against DVD/video-rental proprietors

I just posted the article Time Warner loses case against DVD/video-rental proprietors.

In Australia the Video Rental Association has won a case against Warner Home Video. Warner wanted to double the DVD price for the video-rental stores. They said had the right to do this because a…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3189-Time-Warner-loses-case-against-DVD_video-rental-proprietors.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3189-Time-Warner-loses-case-against-DVD_video-rental-proprietors.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

phew :stuck_out_tongue:

any movie studios have no idea why anyone would ever pirate their products…

Is this Australian ruling opposite US laws? I thought that US rental businesses had to pay a higher price for the rental titles. Is that correct?

Why do companies always feel it necesary to do things Bass Ackwards! keeping prices down increases sails and deminnishes the desire to pirate, it makes it more worth while to buy the merchandise. :8

coz htey dont really care. they just want more moeny to fill up their greedy ass pockets. coz you know, 2 private jet liners, isnt quite enuff. or god knows how much these ppl make. :r:r:r:r:r

Why do companies always feel it necesary to do things Bass Ackwards! keeping prices down increases sales and deminnishes the desire to pirate, it makes it more worth while to buy the merchandise. sorry for the typo, heh and no, i’m talking about them hurting their own sales. :slight_smile:

In Melbourne I pay $5 for an overnight new relases ($2.50 US) It’s fine how it is and if it goes up it’ll cost moer than going to see the movie at the movies. $5 is perfectly fine if they doubled it i would never hire a DVD again. Besides that have taken the special features off of most of the new DVD’s so it wouldn’t be justified to double the price. BTW what’s with all the Austrlalian news. This is cool i must visit this site more often :slight_smile: