Time to upgrade my Duo Core 2.20

vbimport

Right now I’m looking at 6-12 hours to do a full disc blu ray. I was looking to build a new,faster computer. I was leaning towards a quad core system but then i notice the i3’s are coming down in price too. I know the i3 will be faster but will it be quite noticeable,next to a quad core? Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=fandr78;2597910]Right now I’m looking at 6-12 hours to do a full disc blu ray. I was looking to build a new,faster computer. I was leaning towards a quad core system but then i notice the i3’s are coming down in price too. I know the i3 will be faster but will it be quite noticeable,next to a quad core? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Considering you gave us very little info and specs to go on it is hard to know whether your computer is old or just lagging with so much malware or unneeded programs running that cleaning those out will speed up your computer. So we will need specs and software installed to really determine whether you have a truly slow duo core or to many running memory resident programs running that is it clogging up your CPU pips from running efficiently. Also your not telling us what program your using to do BR so all your asking are general question without any specs to nail down what is going on in your system.

Your going to want a 2500k or a 2600k (or non-k) in a new system.