Time to move on, a humble question from a Benq lover!

vbimport

I love my 1620, 1640, 1650 & 1670, but since they’re so precious now especially those with Nexperia, I treat them like a collector’s item nowdays.

Currently used them for scanning only to increase their life span.

I didn’t follow this burner’s world for quite sometime, but after looking on recent new LiteQ’s model :bigsmile:, I think its time for me to move on to other brand. Another reason is the BenQ’s support which was used to be quite good in my country is gone now. :sad:

Really appreciate suggestion from BenQ lovers on which “non BenQ” brand and model to choose from for a DVD buner ? Again, suggestions especially from a BenQ lover’s perpective which I love to hear. :cool:

Preferred sata, can live wihout Lightscribe and planning to burn a lot more single layer disc than DL.

Thanks in advance.

For double layer or CD burning, I recommend either the Pioneer DVR-115D (PATA) or the Samsung SH-203B. For single layer, I still use my BenQ DW1640, with BSLB firmware. Although I use older blank DVDs - 8x certified (made in Japan) for single layer and 2.4x certified (made in Singapore) for double layer . I’m not sure what this “lack of support” issue is that you speak of. Do you mean that your BenQs can’t burn newer blank discs well?

There are a lot of quality burners available now and as we all know they can be had for little $$$.

I have the Samsung 203B, Pioneer 215D, NEC 7200S and Lite-On 20A1L. I would rank them in the order posted, but I’ve only had the NEC and LO for a short time and my preference may change with time. I don’t think you would go wrong with any of these drives.

Thanks for both your responses, just grabbed two S203B !

I was/am a BenQ fan but moved on to this setup now > http://club.cdfreaks.com/2076454-post195.html You will like the S203B’s

Like to add to Bob’s good post. :flower:
Pioneer’s are hell of a good burners nowdays…

Greetings from a hardcore Philips/BenQ Nexperia fan. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2079677]Like to add to Bob’s good post. :flower:
Pioneer’s are hell of a good burners nowdays…

Greetings from a hardcore Philips/BenQ Nexperia fan. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hey Pinto2, greetings too ! :iagree:

Thanks for the suggestion, I don’t mind to buy another drive/brand as well, which Pioneer model are you referring to ? Sata & no lightscribe. Again, suggestion from a Nexperia fan which I really like to hear from. :bow:

Also, if you don’t mind again, I would like to grab another drive as well for scanner “[U][B]ONLY[/B][/U]” , any suggestion on brand & model ? :bigsmile:

Hi :slight_smile:
Samsung will scan with either a regedit.
Using K-Probe or DVDInfoPro.
Pioneer will scan using the last two.
Results with Pioneer may vary.
Otherwise you are left with just Lite-On.
Pioneer models to be sought.
DVR-115(D) IDE.
DVR-215(D) SATA.

Burning-quality-wise, I consider that only the Pioneer burners (112/212 line, 115/215 line etc…) and the new NEC 7200/7203 burners do as good a job as did the 1640 and 1650. Nothing else that I know of.

Yes the Samsung 203B is a good all-rounder, but DVDR burning quality could still be improved (IMO it desperatly needed C0deking’s OPC patch :bow:). Too high jitter and PIE variation in my book. Fantastic CDR burner, though. My best ever. :cool:

My most used burners right now are Pioneer 112D and… Benq 1650 :bigsmile: - next buy is NEC 7200S.

Hi Francksoy,

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2082044]Burning-quality-wise, I consider that only the Pioneer burners (112/212 line, 115/215 line etc…) and the new NEC 7200/7203 burners do as good a job as did the 1640 and 1650. Nothing else that I know of.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately NEC is hard to find in here, eyeing on Pioneer 215.

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2082044]
Yes the Samsung 203B is a good all-rounder, but DVDR burning quality could still be improved (IMO it desperatly needed C0deking’s OPC patch :bow:). Too high jitter and PIE variation in my book. Fantastic CDR burner, though. My best ever. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, CK is hero, especially with that patch. :clap:

No doubt, the OPC patch improves significantly the 203B burning results, my Nexperia drives gang & me agree. :iagree:

But when it comes as scanner, 203B is not my preferred one. :disagree:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2082044]
My most used burners right now are Pioneer 112D and… Benq 1650 :bigsmile: - next buy is NEC 7200S.[/QUOTE]

My Nexperia gang will work/burn for a very-very special precious occasion only ! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the response.