Time rework CloneDVD2?

A couple of weeks ago, for the first time I can recall, the combination of AnyDVD 5.8.3.1/CloneDVD2 2.8.4.1 failed to back up a movie. The movie was Bewitched and I believe it was a Sony Entertainment title. After reading some of the user groups about this movie, I decided to try a combination of AnyDVD 5.8.3.1/DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15/Nero 6.6.0.14. Those programs breezed through Bewitched without a hitch and made a perfect copy.

Tonight I tried to back up another Sony title, The Legend of Zorro, using AnyDVD 5.8.4.1/CloneDVD2 2.8.4.1 and had the same problem I had with Bewitched. Again, I tried using AnyDVD 5.8.3.1/DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15/Nero 6.6.0.14 - with complete success! In both cases, several other movies backed up in the same session had no problems at all using CloneDVD2. So far, these two movies are the only ones in recent memory I’ve had any problems with!

Looks like AnyDVD is doing it’s job, but I have to wonder if CloneDVD2 isn’t long overdue for a rework. It’s been six months since the last revision was issued for CloneDVD2 (July 12, 2005). Seems strange that an old program like DVD Shrink (and some others) can succeed with these Sony titles, while the latest version of CloneDVD2 fails!

I backed up every movie you mentioned with Clone2 and AnyDVD, in movie only mode and they were perfect, what was your problem?

So did I, the only difference is that I used CloneDVD 2.8.5.1. You really should used up-to-date programs.

Actually, I just tried The Legend of Zorro again on the other system which has nearly identical hardware and software and CloneDVD 2.8.5.1 on it - same result. The fact is that those two recent Sony titles are the only ones I’ve ever had a problem with using CloneDVD. Some others on the forum also seem to have a problem with CloneDVD and those same Sony titles and it seemed strange that their solution also was to to use an older freeware program like DVD Shrink to do the job.

Without providing more information, (ie: error codes, information regarding your system etc.) , you haven’t accomplished anything beneficial to your problem. If you are having problems, you need to be more specific than just stating that this combination failed to back up a movie.
I as well, have backed up all of the titles that you have mentioned, movie only, menus preserved, with CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD.

Error message attached (I hope). If not, I’ll try it again. Basic system specs in my signature.