Tiger woods PGA Tour 2002 help?

I burned it just fine, it installs just fine on my win2k machines, even with the latest patch all is well, but on my winXp laptop it all installs just fine, but with or without the game patched I get anerror that says cdrom not found, please eject and reinsert the cdrom, what gives with this problem?

Just before we start any discussion: are you installing the game from the original disc, or from a backup?

If it’s a backup, how is it made (is it a legal one)?

trying to install it from the back-up, yes it is a legal copy, it just don’t work on the winXp but does on win2k, weird huh? It installs perfectly, just gives tha cdrom error when trying to play it on winXp and can’t, but all is well on win2k

Originally posted by Slovak
trying to install it from the back-up, yes it is a legal copy, it just don’t work on the winXp but does on win2k, weird huh? It installs perfectly, just gives tha cdrom error when trying to play it on winXp and can’t, but all is well on win2k

Well as it’s a backup, there might be a problem there… so if you try to use your original disc, what does happen?

it works then, but my question is if the same copied cd works flawlessly in win2k, why wouldn’t it in winXp?

Originally posted by Slovak
it works then, but my question is if the same copied cd works flawlessly in win2k, why wouldn’t it in winXp?

Do you perhaps have CloneCD installed on your 2k system, with the “Hide CDR media” option turned on?

umm yep, should I do the same on the XP machine? even though it was burned with alcohol?

yes - it can recognize it as cdr media regardless of what OS is running.

you only need hide cd-r media if you are trying to run from a cd-rw, I guess his laptop has a combi drive???

yep, a laptop alright, it works now! Thanks everyone