Tiger Woods injured in car crash

vbimport

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/27/tiger.woods/index.html

CNN) – Golfer Tiger Woods was taken to a Florida hospital after suffering serious injuries in a car crash early Friday, officials said.

The one-car accident occurred about 2:25 a.m. near his home in Windermere, a suburb of Orlando, according to an incident report from the Florida Highway Patrol.

Woods, 33, had just pulled out of his driveway in his 2009 Cadillac SUV and had begun to drive down a street when he struck a fire hydrant, the Florida Highway Patrol said. The front of his vehicle then struck a tree.

Windermere Mayor Gary Bruhn told CNN that local police arrived within two minutes of being notified. The golfer was taken to Health Central Hospital, where he was treated for facial lacerations and released, Bruhn said.

“I think it’s nothing more than an accident,” he said.

A woman who answered a phone there Friday afternoon said he was not there.

WESH: Tiger Woods Injured In Crash Outside Home

The crash is under investigation, and charges are pending, though it was not clear who could face charges. The accident did not appear to have been alcohol-related, the statement said.

Woods lives in Orange County with his wife, supermodel Elin Nordegren, and two children.

Woods has won 93 tournaments, 71 of those on the PGA Tour, including the 1997, 2001, 2002 and 2005 Masters Tournaments; 1999, 2000, 2006 and 2007 PGA Championships; 2000, 2002, and 2008 U.S. Open Championships; and 2000, 2005 and 2006 Open Championships, according to his official Web site.

People who are this famous are not supposed to have accidents like the rest of us. I figure the charges are for not wearing a seatbelt and talking on a cell phone. I am sure that time will tell.

ARTIST: Don Henley
TITLE: Dirty Laundry

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something, something I can use
People love it when you lose
They love dirty laundry

Well I could have been an actor but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don’t have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they’re up, kick 'em when they’re down
Kick 'em when they’re up, kick 'em all around

We got the bubble-headed bleach blonde comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It’s int’resting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation, is the head dead yet
Y’know the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
Get the widow on the set
We need dirty laundry

You don’t really need to find out what’s going on
You don’t really want to know just how far it’s gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Kick 'em where they sit, kick 'em all around

Kick 'em where they sit, kick 'em all around

Dirty little secrets, dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybody’s pies
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo, we can dance and sing
When it’s said and done we haven’t told you a thing
We all know that crap is king
Give us dirty laundry

Something about this didn’t add up from the beginning for me. Why would his wife smash out the back glass with a golf club so he could exit the vehicle when he had a front end collision? Why would his face be injured with cuts and or scratches when a new Cadillac SUV has more air bags in it than a session of Congress? Why would he be leaving his house in such a haste at 2:25 am?

Well it seems the reason might be his wife was trying to beat the crap out of him with a golf club for cheating on her. Here’s a link: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/ Keep in mind that TMZ has a pretty good track record on these type of reports. IMO, the TMZ story makes more sense than the other explanations I have heard for the crash.

Not that it could not be true but only one source is reporting this and none of the main new outlets I think I will wait until more is known. It really is none of your business. To listen to new outlets we have a right to know where he was going.

Why if it was me I woulld tell the cops if they ask that it has nothing to do with what happen so it is no ones business.

TMZ track record is not that good either here is just one example but that does not mean that there story is not true.

TMZ reported on Saturday night that the prolific writer was hospitalized earlier in the evening ahead of a scheduled appearance at an awards show in Los Angeles.maya2 The report spread like wildfire through cyberspace, and Angelou became the top trending topic on Twitter as anguished
members of the microblogging site passed around the news. Some morbid scribes added an “R.I.P.” for good measure.he only problem is that 81-year-old Angelou was not ill, and was nowhere near Los Angeles. She was about 1,800 miles away in her hometown of St. Louis.

TMZ updated its story on Sunday to say that Angelou was never scheduled to appear at the event.
It blamed the erroneous report on event organizers, saying that someone had told one of its
cameramen that Angelou was a no-show because she had been hospitalized

A couple of other things I have heard reported are that none of Tiger’s blood was found in the SUV and if he suffered lacerations as a result of the accident then there would have been blood present in the vehicle. Also, he is making excuses and refusing to meet with police. The speculative reason for this is his facial injuries are not consistent with a crash and more consistent with scratches from his wife attacking him. If this is found to be the case then his wife could be arrested for domestic battery and Tiger doesn’t want this to happen.

Tiger smart it is none of our business and he has a right to just give what is required of him and he did. News has a right to print he had an accident but they do not have the right to make him say anymore. I for one hope he sticks to his guns and says no more.

[QUOTE=samlar;2470113]Tiger smart it is none of our business and he has a right to just give what is required of him and he did. News has a right to print he had an accident but they do not have the right to make him say anymore. I for one hope he sticks to his guns and says no more.[/QUOTE]

Actually he has no more rights then the rest of us when it comes to accidents. I would love to tell officers hey I don’t want to talk to you 3x already. All they while hiding behind a lawyer making situations worse and worse. When someone hides that much it only goes to show you whether or not you have something to hide you have something to hide. His prestine royal family is falling apart. If he is using the excuse he is black I would say that is a slap in the face to all minorities. Trust me if I or anyone lacking wealth did what he did or spouse fighting we be the slammer faster then we can sings dixie. That is what royal cooks my noodle someone like him gets better treatment then the rest of us whom end up in accidents. It goes like this “MONEY” Equals Royal treatments… FACT!!!

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2470164]Actually he has no more rights then the rest of us when it comes to accidents. I would love to tell officers hey I don’t want to talk to you 3x already.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. When he left his property, mowed down a public fire hydrant and smashed his SUV into a neighbor’s tree he lost his right to privacy. He should have a warrant out for his arrest for ignoring the police in their request for interviews. Celebrities want their cake and eat it too. When fame gets them the perks they want they think it is wonderful and when it gets them unwanted attention when they screw up they think they are being persecuted. If I refused to meet with the police after I wrecked my car under dubious circumstances I would be arrested and hauled down to the police station against my will. Just because Tiger is a great golfer and has more money than God doesn’t mean he should be treated better than an average citizen in the eyes of the law. We already have Washington, DC filled with politicians and government officials doing the same thing. These double standards is one of the things that is ruining this country.

He was probably texting.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=UTR;2470167]I agree 100%. When he left his property, mowed down a public fire hydrant and smashed his SUV into a neighbor’s tree he lost his right to privacy. He should have a warrant out for his arrest for ignoring the police in their request for interviews. Celebrities want their cake and eat it too. When fame gets them the perks they want they think it is wonderful and when it gets them unwanted attention when they screw up they think they are being persecuted. If I refused to meet with the police after I wrecked my car under dubious circumstances I would be arrested and hauled down to the police station against my will. Just because Tiger is a great golfer and has more money than God doesn’t mean he should be treated better than an average citizen in the eyes of the law. We already have Washington, DC filled with politicians and government officials doing the same thing. These double standards is one of the things that is ruining this country.[/QUOTE]

In the state he lives and like in most he does not have to say a thing so he is doing what you are I should do. You need to know the law before saying he should have a warrant out for his arrest or read the news reports that state this is his right. In saying that I sure there is more to the story than what he is saying but it is his right to say nothing. I also would think had it been you or me they would not even have come to our house to ask as long as we had insurance. No double standard here.

He doesn’t have the right to ignore the police. If he wants to plead the Fith then he should do it in the police station. When you have an accident on public roads the police have every right to determine the circumstances. I doubt the local police will push this because people like Tiger get special treatment. Had you done this the course of events would be very different.

Yes he does in his state and in most others.
The attorney gave troopers Woods’ driver’s license, registration and insurance as required by law for such accidents.

I been there in my own state of Arkansas and in my case the accident was my fault as his and the police told me for an accident all I had to provide was as stated above. Anyone should know the fifth is for a trial for a crime and accident is not a crime.
per florida news paper.

But troopers were met at the driveway by NeJame, who said Woods was unavailable. Under Florida law, Woods is not obligated to speak to investigators; he only has to provide his drivers license, registration and proof of insurance, which NeJame gave to investigators. FHP did not reschedule the interview. NeJame did not comment Sunday.

[QUOTE=samlar;2470218]Yes he does in his state and in most others.
The attorney gave troopers Woods’ driver’s license, registration and insurance as required by law for such accidents.

I been there in my own state of Arkansas and in my case the accident was my fault as his and the police told me for an accident all I had to provide was as stated above. Anyone should know the fifth is for a trial for a crime and accident is not a crime.
per florida news paper.

But troopers were met at the driveway by NeJame, who said Woods was unavailable. Under Florida law, Woods is not obligated to speak to investigators; he only has to provide his drivers license, registration and proof of insurance, which NeJame gave to investigators. FHP did not reschedule the interview. NeJame did not comment Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Your response is so doubtious and has not link to even support your case. And as with UTR I do agree and disagree with from time to time but in this case I am in the same room as UTR. Law is Law and no one is about it. And since you haven’t given any correct or FL links on driver law I provide them for you. Also why is it his attorney and not the person that help should provide the info goes against what is in the law.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/html/floridalaw/fllaw.html

What Florida Law says about…
Reporting on crashes involving death or personal injuries

Florida State Statute - requirements on reporting motor vehicle crashes.

FSS 316.027 Accidents involving death or personal injuries.

1. (a) The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury of any person must immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident, or as close thereto as possible, and must remain at the scene of the accident until he has fulfilled the requirements of s. 316.062. Any person who willfully violates this paragraph is guilty of a felony of the third degree.
    (b) The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in the death of any person and fails to comply with s. 316.062 is guilty of a felony of the second degree.
  2. The department shall revoke the driver’s license of the person so convicted.

Reporting on crashes involving damage to vehicle or property

FSS 316.061 Accidents involving damage to vehicle or property.

1. The driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle or other property which is driven or attended by any person shall immediately stop such vehicle at the scene of such accident or as close thereto as possible, and shall forthwith return to, and in every event shall remain at the scene of the accident until he has fulfilled the requirements of s. 316.062. Any person failing to stop or comply with said requirements shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine of not more than $500 or by imprisonment for not more than 60 days or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Duty to give information and render aid

FSS 316.062 Duty to give information and render aid. Requires the following:

1. Name of driver.
  2. Address of driver.
  3. And the registration number of the vehicle he is driving.
  4. And shall upon request and if available exhibit his license or permit to drive, to any person injured in such accident or to the driver of occupant of or person attending any vehicle or other property damaged in the accident.
  5. All of the above information is required to be given to any police officer investigating the accident.
  6. Driver shall render to any person injured in the accident reasonable assistance, including the carrying, or making arrangements for the carrying, of such person to a physician, surgeon, or hospital for medical or surgical treatment if it is apparent that treatment is necessary, or if such carrying is requested by the injured person.

Accidents and Reports

FSS 316.065 Accidents; reports;

1. The driver of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of any persons or damage to any vehicle or other property in an apparent amount of at least $500 shall immediately by the quickest means of communication give notice of the accident to the local police department, if such accident occurs with a municipality; otherwise, to the office of county sheriff or the nearest office or station of the Florida Highway Patrol.

If you are involved in a traffic crash in the State of Florida, the following information will be needed by the investigating officer:

* Driver's license
* Registration
* Proof of Insurance (NOTE: Anyone presenting proof of insurance that they know is not valid is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.)

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2470289]http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/html/floridalaw/fllaw.html

Reporting on crashes involving death or personal injuries[/QUOTE] I’m fairly sure you’re somewhat misinterpreting the law here; the paragraphs about injury to people, vehicles and property, do not apply when the person is yourself, the vehicle is your own, and the property is your own.

Tiger Woods is not supposed to stay at the scene of the accident because he himself is injured, nor is he obliged to carry himself to a physician (which sounds really, really hard btw). :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2470296]Tiger Woods is not supposed to stay at the scene of the accident because he himself is injured, nor is he obliged to carry himself to a physician (which sounds really, really hard btw). ;)[/QUOTE]

The police have a right to take forensic evidence from Woods and to determine if he broke any laws based on the review of that evidence. This isn’t the same as written or verbal testimony. I read that the police are trying to get a court order to obtain the medical records from his hospital visit. This will tell them quite a bit. If Woods is fighting them on this matter then that will only cause the police to dig harder to find the truth.

Also, Woods may not be able to take the Fifth if he is put in front of a Grand Jury (one is usually in session at all times in a given jurisdiction) and given immunity. He will answer ALL questions truthfully or go to jail until he does. Woods has no more right to privacy that you, or I. I can understand his desire to keep this matter private but his actions are just making things worse, IMO. If the police get hold of the hospital records then he might be looking at obstruction of justice charges for lying to the police.

This is all nonsense. Tiger Woods, in this example, is above the law because he is Tiger Woods. Moving forward, any crime that may be brought against him, will be dismissed later, because he has the money to see that will happen.

The only real effect this incident will have is in public opinion, and as long as it doesn’t affect his commercial viability, he will continue on the same course he has chosen to this point.

Actually DragMester, I didn’t write those lines I copied those strait from the site so I am not rewritting any of those laws. What find truly dishearting is that I could care less of knowing each of his personal life. What I am asking is a simple follow the law and answer to the law enforcement investigating the accident. I don’t need to know about his everday life-heck I could care less what he does behind his door but the law is the law and he also has to follow the law as every John or Jane Doe has to follow as well. I think what he has done so far has a chilling affect on his commerical viability already and not talking to investigating law enforcement only ups the anty for him. He will most likely get a slap on the wrist while those of us whom does what he did would get a handcuff on the wrist and brought to court for impeading a investigation. That the sad truth of it John and Jane Doe will have to go to court and slammer while Billioniares will have their golf course prison where they enjoy wine and dine and the rest of us received bubba.

ORLANDO, Fla. - Tiger Woods did not appear to be driving under the influence and showed no signs of having been in a fight in the minutes after his car crash outside his mansion, an attorney for the neighbors who dialed 911 said Tuesday.

Woods’ injuries were “consistent with a car wreck and inconsistent with him being beat up,” attorney Bill Sharpe said. “The scratches on his face were consistent with someone who maybe was in a minor car accident and hit his head on the windshield. … None of his injuries looked like he was beat up by his wife.”

Looks like what I said at the first is correct he was not wearing his seatbelt. All this talk of his wife beating him is just that talked. The people who saw him at the time of the accident says he did look like a person who had been beat up. Don’t you realize that the people who took him to the hospital would not be selling there story if his face looked like he had been in a fight.

Now women are coming forward claiming they have had affairs with him. Some say they even have voice mails from him that aren’t too flattering for his image. The more Tiger tries to keep a lid on this the greater the pressure becomes and the greater the explosion in the end. I wouldn’t take much of what an attorney says as being truthful. Something stinks about this whole episode and you can count on the tabloids digging out, or buying, the truth before long.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2470296]I’m fairly sure you’re somewhat misinterpreting the law here; the paragraphs about injury to people, vehicles and property, [B]do not apply when the person is yourself, the vehicle is your own, and the property is your own.[/B]

Tiger Woods is not supposed to stay at the scene of the accident because he himself is injured, nor is he obliged to carry himself to a physician (which sounds really, really hard btw). ;)[/QUOTE]

I understood from news reports that he hit a fire hydrant and a neighbors tree.
Unless he owns the hydrant ( unlikely ) and has since the accident bought the neighbors tree he has a duty to comply with the statutes. However if a person is injured and requires hospital treatment then that takes priority or is at least a reasonable excuse to leave the scene.:cop: