Throw out 20A1P?

I currently have a liteon 20A1P and I don’t really have any issues with it, but I have noticed that a lot of people have started to like the 20A4P. Is it worth it to upgrade to this drive? I would mainly use it as a scanner, but I would like it to be a decent burner as well.

Edit: Maybe I should try a crossflash (If it’s even possible), but I do like having official hardware.

It’s best to get official hardware, crossflashing will void your warranty. Just get a 20A4P and send the 20A1P my way. :smiley:

I have both drives but a few people here have crossflashed their drives.

Bob, do you still use both drives and if so does each one have its own purpose? If the 20A4P does everything the 20A1P does and does it better then that’s what I’m interested in knowing. I’m trying to keep myself from having too many drives :confused:

Obviously this can become a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=zeeter;1975296]Bob, do you still use both drives and if so does each one have its own purpose? If the 20A4P does everything the 20A1P does and does it better then that’s what I’m interested in knowing. I’m trying to keep myself from having too many drives :confused:

Obviously this can become a problem :p[/QUOTE]I use them both for burning Verb +R DL’s. My case holds 10 CD/DVD drives and 3 Hard drives but i do have some in external enclosures and one in the closet. 3 CD/DVD drives in my other case too.

Have you used both for scanning? Can you tell if one scans better than the other? And are the +R DL burns similar quality?

[QUOTE=zeeter;1975312]Have you used both for scanning? Can you tell if one scans better than the other? And are the +R DL burns similar quality?[/QUOTE]I’ll either use those of one of my BenQ’s to scan. They seem to burn DL’s very good. I use AnyDVD and ImgBurn for DL burns. I haven’t scanned any of my DL’s but they play perfect.

Both drives are pretty much the same in every way.

[quote=zeeter;1975296]If the 20A4P does everything the 20A1P does and does it better then that’s what I’m interested in knowing.[/quote]This interests me as well. I want a SATA version of the 20A1/20A4 for my second computer, but can’t find a 20A4 SATA anywhere (or even f/w for that matter). But overall 20A4 scans do look marginally better than 20A1 (or 20A3) scans in the appropriate forum groups.