Three hour nero backup - Nothing on any disc

vbimport

I finally got around backing up my system, but after three hours of burning, it seems like I just wasted 12 DVDs. I used Nero BackItUp, went through the wizard, selected the files I wantd to back up and wich media to burn it to. It sure sounded like something was burning, and the data verification stated “successfull” after every disc. But when I put in one of the DVDs now, there’s nothing there. And when I click on Restore Backup, a 4mb file with information of my backup is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\Info Files
What’s the point of a backup if necessary files end up on the very harddrive I’m backing up? I’m a little puzzled by all this, so if anyone knows what’s wrong, please tell me!

Oh, the version I’m using is BackItUp 1.2.0.60.

Well here I am reading your thread 3 years later, nero backitup is now at version 5.0.1800 and I am having the same problem. I run file backup, select files, insert dvd as requested, and it finishes, but nothing is written tothe DVD. Notably, there is a small info pane to the left which says “nothing is selected” even if I tick boxes alongside files and folders. Anyway, it doesnt work, for me.