Three Hollywood Studios sue VidAngel for Illegally Streaming Movies

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Three Hollywood Studios sue VidAngel for Illegally Streaming Movies[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/06/vidangel-95x75.jpeg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/three-hollywood-studios-sue-vidangel-streaming-movies-79664/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

VidAngel is about to get hammered in court.
And yet the torrenting of movies goes on…yeah like stopping VidAngel will stop or scare torrenting. They need to get a reality check.

I think I said in the Cat Box earlier that creativity lies in both camps, good and bad. VidAngel is creative for sure, but i agree with the article that they are going to be hammered down in court.
On the other side it will not, as coolcolors correctly points out, affect torrenting in any way as that is a whole other ballgame. sites like The Pirate Bay is more of an institution or movement, then torrenting next. How many years have they tried to shut it down?

From a personal viewpoint, I think TPB is a movement, a counterweight to copyright schemes/law not adjusted to the times we live in or in other words laws we really do not manage to see the validity of, especially when it comes to culture.

What it means is that this case will not change anything one bit and as such, the case is uninteresting in the debate as there is no larger picture.

The Movie Studios are behind the times as per usual, releasing physical DVD and Blu-ray’s before digital streaming just encourages piracy, not everyone as an optical video player, including me.

[QUOTE=rexroach;2776030]The Movie Studios are behind the times as per usual, releasing physical DVD and Blu-ray’s before digital streaming just encourages piracy, not everyone as an optical video player, including me.[/QUOTE]
And not everyone can afford Streaming subscription and ISP internet access to get streaming. Those two are two separate cost people can’t always afford. Before you can steam you first have to buy a ISP internet that is the part Streaming advocate don’t tell people and if you use free wifi they will also throttle Streaming because they can and they own their wifi so even then Streaming isn’t free. Someone has to pay for you to stream or you have to pay your ISP to be able to Stream. So there is alot that isn’t not being told to people wanting to stream. That is the hidden fact that is ice creamed over.

Somehow I get the feeling that this isn’t about Hollywood loosing money. Rather, they saw a streaming service they’ve never heard of, realized that the service violates unjust copyright laws, and got cartoonish dollar signs for eyes. In other words, they’re using this lawsuit to suck money out of VidAngel. That’s what this is all about: sucking money out of someone in a court of law.

I’ll bet VidAngel could get away with this, were it not for DMCA section 1201. After all, they could probably argue that distributing modified versions of the film counts as fair use.