This verbatim is original or fake?

vbimport

I want to find out if my pack 25 dvd-r verbatim azo units (in packe made in taiwan) is original or fake, I bought it on ebay (england) and id media code it is MCC 03RG20 but I know they falsify the original manufacturer’s ID, which tips to find that they are 100% original or fake?

Which ebay listing did you buy from?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

43522 , Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB 16x 25 Pack Spindle - Matt Silver
Item number:112080250860
Price:GBP 10,68

I saw a genuine retail spindle of 25 DVD-R Verbatim AZO, looks the same colour packaging as your one. However it says:
Verbatim#95958 0710-203 RM#171652

Maybe a different model number due to different geography and manufacturing data, but it is also Made In Taiwan by Mitsubishi Kagaku Media.

this my pin 25 units is original or fake?

Look at one disc. There will be a hub code & a stamper code on the disc. What are the codes?

Examples of hub codes & stamper codes: http://club.myce.com/f33/stamper-codes-fake-media-253063/#post2131079

I can not see well but I think the code in plastic transparent is MAP642UE24061524
this I do not know why it has reversed numbers and letters 4E74J-RVD-8875EZ

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2782822]I can not see well but I think the code in plastic transparent is MAP642UE24061524
this I do not know why it has reversed numbers and letters 4E74J-RVD-8875EZ[/QUOTE]

They are genuine (real, original). Made by CMC Magnetics for Verbatim.

MAP6… = CMC Magnetics hub code.
ZE5788-DVR-J47E4… = Verbatim/MKM/MCC stamper code.

but the CMC is a bad company, CMC does not make good medias, I have philips cmc mag m01

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2782826]but the CMC is a bad company, CMC does not make good medias, I have philips cmc mag m01[/QUOTE]

CMC is actually my preferred manufacturer of Verbatim DVDs in Taiwan. Consistency has slipped in recent years (after the packaging change) but they are far from poor quality. They may be made by CMC, but the stampers, dyes and materials are all MKM-specification.

I have philips dvd made by CMC Magnetics of Taiwan and say that CMC is bad crap, but Verbatim is made by CMC, which is the difference between the CMC Verbatim DVD-R 16x (MCC03RG20) and CMC Philips DVD + R 16x (CMC Mag M01)? which has the highest durability in years of filing my favorite files?

CMC’s own 16x media isn’t a good design, or is badly manufactured.

When CMC makes OTHER people’s media, it can be good.

Verbatim’s designs are good, and CMC does a good job of making them.

When we told you that Verbatim’s media is good/better than others, that means:
Genuine Verbatim media (MCC…, MKM…) made in India (by Moser Baer), Singapore (by MCC/MKM itself), UAE (by FTI/Falcon Tech), Taiwan (by CMC, or some old discs by Prodisc), or China (by Taiwan) is all probably going to be better than other media.

Verbatim (MCC/MKM) media made by Moser Baer is often better than Moser Baer’s own media.
Verbatim (MCC/MKM) media made by FTI/Falcon Tech is usually just as good as FTI’s own media.
Verbatim (MCC/MKM) media made by CMC is often better than CMC’s own media.
Verbatim (MCC/MKM) media made by Prodisc was often better than Prodisc’s own media.

Use the Verbatim media. It is probably better.

I understand your response, verbatim asks CMC to produce the media to dvd verbatim with the best quality possible

I never had a dvd media verbatim in the past, the durability of it is long? how many years of life expectancy useful to media verbatim dvd-r azo 16x made by CMC may have?

in the past I had Ridata Medias, smartbuy and philips

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2782840]I understand your response, verbatim asks CMC to produce the media to dvd verbatim with the best quality possible

I never had a dvd media verbatim in the past, the durability of it is long? how many years of life expectancy useful to media verbatim dvd-r azo 16x made by CMC may have?

in the past I had Ridata Medias, smartbuy and philips[/QUOTE]
10-15 years minimum of you’ve followed the storage advice that people have provided to you on various forms in recent months. If you’re lucky maybe even 20 years.

By the way you should have bought DVD+R as it has better resiliency against disk errors which develop over time. DVD-R is normally only used for drive compatibility when reading the disk and has otherwise been superseded by DVD+R.

this period of 10-15-20 years is counted from the disc manufacturing date? I do not know the date of manufacture of my dvd verbatim

I do not have dvd + r verbatim, I have dvd-r verbatim if it’s dvd-r will introduce reading errors and have a short shelf life?

That is counted from the date of burn. But it depends on how the disk spindle has been handled prior to the purchase by the seller and whoever stored it after manufacturing.

Yes + has potential to last longer than -.

I bought the wrong dvd disc, I bought verbatim azo dvd-r 16x id code MCC03RG20, I did not know that + r was more durable, made a mistake, i buy discs for archival files long-term

What i suggest you do is:

1. Burn your data to the - disks you have now
  2. Buy + disks
  3. Burn the same data to + disks

This system is better than any individual option alone.

which disk has greater durability and resistance: dvd + r 16x philips (id code: cmc mag m01) or (dvd-r verbatim azo 16x id code MCC03RG20)?