This shows how to burn a VIDEO_TS folder in ImgBurn 2.1.0.0

It turns out that ImgBurn 2.1.0.0 can create playable DVD movies. So, if you have been using a tool like DVD Shrink to create that DVD output and have written your VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive, look no further than this free program.

First, place a blank DVD disk into your burner. You might use a DVD+RW or DVD-RW to create an initial test burn, as is shown in the images below, or you may feel confident enough to use write-once media like DVD+R or DVD-R. Whichever the case, using Verbatim DVD blanks for the final burn is always a good choice, since they are of high enough quality to prevent skips and such that can occur with less expensive and less reliable media.

After you have placed a blank in your burner, start the ImgBurn 2.1.0.0 application and switch to the BUILD mode as shown in the screen shot below:

Choose the “Browse for a folder…” icon to open the dialog that will allow you to navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder you wish to burn:

In the dialog that opens, choose the appropriate VIDEO_TS folder and click the OK button:

Once the folder is specified, navigate to the OPTIONS tab and select the “ISO9660 + UDF” file system:

Navigate to the LABELS tab and type in Volume Label values for both the ISO9660 and UDF fields:

Navigate to the ADVANCED tab and set the Restrictions options as shown below. In the ISO9660 section, only LEVEL 1 should be selected while under the Joliet section, only LEVEL 1 should be selected. When those selections have been made, click on the WRITE icon to the left of the tabbed dialog and just under the Destination field:

A quick summary dialog should then appear on screen. If all of that information looks correct, click on the OK button to continue:

If all is successful to this point, a Status screen should show the progress of the burn:

If you have selected the Verify option, the Status screen should reflect that as it does the verification, and then when the process is finished, you should see a confirmation screen. Simply click on the OK button to acknowledge the completion of the burn:

You may then exit the ImgBurn application if you wish and move on to testing the DVD you have just burned to ensure it does play back properly. You can test it in your PC drive by opening your DVD playing software and choosing the optical disk containing the burned DVD as the source and playing through the movie contained therein.

If you had wished, you could have assembled the contents of the DVD via the “Browse for a file…” option just above the folder button and then manually selected the individual files that would make up the final burn, but most of the time it is likely that an entire VIDEO_TS folder will be selected, so that is what this example focused on.

Happy viewing. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the terrific post. But I can t seem to play the finished dvd disk on my on-set home player.Do I need to convert to meg2 or something. I am real new at this.

Thanks

Keith

the files need to be DVD Compliant in the VOB format before they will play, I believe.

I’m having some odd issues trying to burn the final DVD using any software approach and I was directed to this thread. I can use DVD Dhrink, or even CloneDVD and the files will go out to my HDD, but when I go to burn I’m getting error messages. Plus I notice that this thread suggests that you only need to burn the VIDEO_TS file and not the AUDIO_TS file? Whenever I create the temp files on my spare 250 Gig USB drive, the movie folder has two (2) subfolders (Video_TS and Audio_TS) and I cannot load a “directory” into the burn software.

Do I need to (re)install AnyDVD or other utility that might have been corrupted so my drives will be allowed to attempt to burn?

This guide assumes that the video has already been successfully ripped and all copy protection has been removed.

You do not need to burn the AUDIO_TS folder, I believe.

Can you open the ripped movie with DVD Shrink?

Excellent tutorial. I have copied it to the tutorial sub-forum of the Copy Dvd Movie forum. :slight_smile:

Cool beans! Always good to share info. :slight_smile:

[quote=BeardedKirklander;1587076]It turns out that ImgBurn 2.1.0.0 can create playable DVD movies. So, if you have been using a tool like DVD Shrink to create that DVD output and have written your VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive, look no further than this free program.

First, place a blank DVD disk into your burner. You might use a DVD+RW or DVD-RW to create an initial test burn, as is shown in the images below, or you may feel confident enough to use write-once media like DVD+R or DVD-R. Whichever the case, using Verbatim DVD blanks for the final burn is always a good choice, since they are of high enough quality to prevent skips and such that can occur with less expensive and less reliable media.

After you have placed a blank in your burner, start the ImgBurn 2.1.0.0 application and switch to the BUILD mode as shown in the screen shot below:

How do I find the Volume Labels for both the 1s09660 and UDf fields to be typed in?

Choose the “Browse for a folder…” icon to open the dialog that will allow you to navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder you wish to burn:

In the dialog that opens, choose the appropriate VIDEO_TS folder and click the OK button:

Once the folder is specified, navigate to the OPTIONS tab and select the “ISO9660 + UDF” file system:

Navigate to the LABELS tab and type in Volume Label values for both the ISO9660 and UDF fields:

Navigate to the ADVANCED tab and set the Restrictions options as shown below. In the ISO9660 section, only LEVEL 1 should be selected while under the Joliet section, only LEVEL 1 should be selected. When those selections have been made, click on the WRITE icon to the left of the tabbed dialog and just under the Destination field:

A quick summary dialog should then appear on screen. If all of that information looks correct, click on the OK button to continue:

If all is successful to this point, a Status screen should show the progress of the burn:

If you have selected the Verify option, the Status screen should reflect that as it does the verification, and then when the process is finished, you should see a confirmation screen. Simply click on the OK button to acknowledge the completion of the burn:

You may then exit the ImgBurn application if you wish and move on to testing the DVD you have just burned to ensure it does play back properly. You can test it in your PC drive by opening your DVD playing software and choosing the optical disk containing the burned DVD as the source and playing through the movie contained therein.

If you had wished, you could have assembled the contents of the DVD via the “Browse for a file…” option just above the folder button and then manually selected the individual files that would make up the final burn, but most of the time it is likely that an entire VIDEO_TS folder will be selected, so that is what this example focused on.

Happy viewing. :)[/quote]

I can seem to figure out what to type for the volume labels for both the ISO660 and UDF Fields while using Imgburn, Can anyone assist me with this step.

Thanks

[quote=BeardedKirklander;1587076]It turns out that ImgBurn 2.1.0.0 can create playable DVD movies. So, if you have been using a tool like DVD Shrink to create that DVD output and have written your VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive, look no further than this free program.

Does this whole process also work with Imgburn 2.3.20? I understand that this is an upgraded version of Imgburn, Just wanted to know if this process would work since this is the version that I am using. Thanks alot any help I will greatly apprieated it.I could really use the help on this one

Happy viewing. :)[/quote]
Does this whole process also work with Imgburn 2.3.20? I understand that this is an upgraded version of Imgburn, Just wanted to know if this process would work since this is the version that I am using. Thanks alot any help I will greatly apprieated it.I could really use the help on this one

Why aren’t the pictures showing up??

Hi nniinnaa and welcome:

You have opened an old thread and the graphics are no longer available as they were removed by the original poster. Since then, the program has been significantly upgraded.

Here is a link to the imgburn guides.