This may be a dumb question

vbimport

...so maybe I'm in the wrong forum.

But here goes. Can I use CDRWIN to burn mp3 files in DAO mode? Here's the deal. I have a couple of live recordings in mp3 format that I would like to burn in such a way that there will be no silence between tracks. I would like the cd to play continuously without any gaps between songs. I realize that the way to do this is to use Disc-At-Once, but can that be done with individual files (like mp3 files)? Or can mp3 files ONLY be burned to cd in TAO? :confused:

What you can do is create your own cue-sheet.
If you do it correctly you will be able to make a compilation without silences between tracks.

Rather than to type things all over again I would like to suggest using the search on ‘cue AND mp3’. Most answers you will find in the Dutch forum, but I know it has been dealt with in English too.

mp3cutter is a tool that is helpful in this respect (you’ll find that through the search too :wink:

I do burn quite a lot of livetracks (Iron maiden bootlegs etc;) and I’ve found a good way to do this!

Burn the CD with Nero 5.5. Set crossfade between tracks on 1sec. Then burn the disc in DAO… no more ticking and nice fades!

…but how do I select DAO when burning? I can’t seem to find the option! :rolleyes:

When you go to write the cd and there is the screen asking what speed to burn at it is straight under that. You can’t be in the wizard mode to do this. If you are in the wizard mode click on close wizard to close it.

ThAStEwYBoI

CDRWIN is really not the best software to choose to burn mp3’s. Musicmatch has a built in burner in it which is very nice… also the newest version of roxio’s is very nice in burning…well anything without protection. It does not support any of the things that clonecd supports in copying

oh yeah nero is ok also…

hi there,give mp3 cd burner a go and in the prefrences at set the remove silence at start and end of tracks to 0 i have burnt a few live mp3s like that and it works ok for me.try it out on a cd rw and see what you think.

Well…I used Nero and set the gaps between songs to zero seconds. It still leaves a VERY small and almost imperceptible gap between songs. But it gives the best results I’ve gotten so far.

Originally posted by MeTuLHeD
Well…I used Nero and set the gaps between songs to zero seconds. It still leaves a VERY small and almost imperceptible gap between songs. But it gives the best results I’ve gotten so far.

Like I said before;), use the crossfade function at 1 sec fade-time!

Yeah look for Mp3 CD BURNER…its an awesome program for getting tricky with bitrates, amp and silence gaps.

not sure of the link…soz

The very small gaps you’re still getting between the songs may be in the mp3 files themselves. Before burning any live show to CD, I always use Cool Edit to look at each individual file and remove remnants of silence at the beginning and/or end of each song. Then when you burn the new files you should get perfect transitions.