This isn't good

vbimport

Check this out, I was curious…

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVDFab_HD_Decrypter/1132478833/1

Man, people are hounding Fengtao and Ting on the splash… I commend you guys for making an awesome product, offering the support you guys do, but it seems like this is the NUMBER ONE complaint from people using the freebie. I agree with someone (sorry can’t remember who), that said let users register for a key to get rid of the splash screen (free of course), or offer a seperate installer for HD Decrypter.

In the second and third, it’s got limitations listed, when appearantly there aren’t any, it’s a totally different breed of program altogether.

The ones calling this nagware have never seen nagware. Much of that information is out of date. DVDFab HD Decrypter is a stripped down free version of DVDFab with no burning engine or other frills. They are complaining about a screen that they don’t have to look at for more than 2 seconds on a product that they use for free. Why should Fengtao spend the time and money to send out free keys for a free product?

[QUOTE=signals;2066174]The ones calling this nagware have never seen nagware. Much of that information is out of date. DVDFab HD Decrypter is a stripped down free version of DVDFab with no burning engine or other frills. They are complaining about a screen that they don’t have to look at for more than 2 seconds on a product that they use for free. Why should Fengtao spend the time and money to send out free keys for a free product?[/QUOTE]

Like always my friend you are right on target :clap::clap:

[QUOTE=signals;2066174]The ones calling this nagware have never seen nagware. Much of that information is out of date. DVDFab HD Decrypter is a stripped down free version of DVDFab with no burning engine or other frills. They are complaining about a screen that they don’t have to look at for more than 2 seconds on a product that they use for free. Why should Fengtao spend the time and money to send out free keys for a free product?[/QUOTE]

I could not have said it better myself. :clap: :clap:

bean55

Well said Signals, and the ones that usually complain the loudest are the ones that have Death Adders in ther pockets !!!

To be fair, I asked fengtao twice in the thread about the opening screen (having to select Decrypter only) for folks who only want the Decrypter, but he didn’t answer.

I guess no answer is an answer of sorts.

Regards

Just can’t understand people that get a free product then whine and complain that it isn’t set up just the way that like it, gessssssssh talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth

It should be possible to write a script that automatically presses the button to go to the free DVDFab Decrypter, so that the program on startup goes to the main menu screen without any manual clicking first.

I understand what everyone is saying but I am sure Fengtao did this for a reason, after all it is a freeware product, I personally would give him some thanks for offering this great program for all to use for free.

[quote=alan1476;2066561]I understand what everyone is saying but I am sure Fengtao did this for a reason, after all it is a freeware product, I personally would give him some thanks for offering this great program for all to use for free.[/quote]Indeed, Fengtao could solve this problem by not offering this freeware version. He could just offer the 30 day free trial for the full version.

I think the freeware version is more than generous.

[QUOTE=Senor Bag;2066654]Indeed, Fengtao could solve this problem by not offering this freeware version. He could just offer the 30 day free trial for the full version.

I think the freeware version is more than generous.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartly agree with both these.:iagree: I’ve been using Plat for a couple of years now, with only a few problems :rolleyes:(nearly all were my fault):o I did use the Decrypter when I only wanted to copy to HD, and still have ver 4 on call if needed. No real problem to change destiation drive to HD. I don’t understand everyone complaining about the product when if they really get to checking, it’s something in their system that is the problem. I’m sure no computer geek, but with reading here I’ve figured out all problems I’ve had.:bow: And out of over 2000 copies have very few coasters.:clap: I think Fengtao has an awesome product with the greatest support I’ve ever seen.:bow:

I can’t believe how stupid I am. I thought it was a Menu, giving you options. I sure can’t understand why anyone would “Nag” Ting and Fengtao as to offering free trials of their payware on the same page of the freeware selection. It is obvious who the “Nags” are. It’s FREE, what is the problem? It is constantly updated by 2 hardworking considerate people. DvdFab still works what is the problem? There are sure a lot of ungrateful bassturds.

Yeah, I agree with you guys honestly. I bought DVDFab Platinum before the price hike / upgrade thing a few weeks back. Before then I was using DVDFab HD Decrypter + AutoGK to archive movies. But I’m looking at getting a Apple TV and Apple Time Capsule (1TB) and going to start using the Apple TV function a lot more. I actually bought DVDFab for my wife (I’m shipping out for the Army soon), and I wanted to make archiving a simple process for her. DVD Decrypter was an awesome tool, but newer encryption forced me to find better alternatives.

Anyways, back on topic, this is a great freeware program and people do take things for granted, as for the comment someone made about phoning home, it doesn’t really matter, I’m assuming that is for bugs and crashes, but Ting and Fengtao, you guys are doing an amazing job.

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2066447]Just can’t understand people that get a free product then whine and complain that it isn’t set up just the way that like it, gessssssssh talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth[/QUOTE]

seconded - buy the software or quit whining!

blutach, I don’t see the reason for your post other than to wind people up, so I’ve deleted it. Please try not to do this in future as it adds nothing to the forum except to prompt flaming. :cop:

I will express my opinion on this issue. I already opened a topic but better reply to this one.

For I start I don’t like the attitude “hey some people are moaning for the free version and us, the good guys who paid for it, say that they are lucky there is a free version”…

The truth is that since DVDFab used to have two separate builds (one of which was the HD version) stop claiming that you are the good guys and all the users using the HD version are the stupid ones. This is a too snobby and wrong.

For me it is not just the nag screen. It is the fact that the main aim is to sell. Unfortunately, today you have it tomorrow you may have a competitive product that is free (although there is one now) and can beat you fair and square. Personally, the only software I have paid for in my PC is Windows. Everything else is freeware/open source with no nag screens, no intention to annoy you so you will buy the full version and so on. Free software is out there and it is the best there is. Someone who will download the free version and likes it, it is more likely to buy the full version. However, by forcing the user to click on nag screens, you will more likely annoy and not get back what you want.

I really liked DVDFab. However, I don’t like the attitude I see here and the attitude of the new version. Thanks for your support. It’s pitty that DVDFab will never be half as good as DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink. These programs, besides being GREAT, they respected the user. Having said that, I already uninstalled DVDFab (all the junk that counts the days is still in my PC though) and installed RipIt4Me. It uses the programs that I mentioned before and work as great. And from now on, when someone will ask me to recommend something for DVD backups, I will recommend RipIt4Me.

Thanks for the excellent program of the past and hope that Fengtao will learn something from the comments that you see on the net.

according to openoffice.org you typed 564 words and 2967 characters. (between both of your posts)

how many times could you have just clicked on decrypter instead of wasting your time here complaining? :bigsmile:

This thread no longer serves a purpose. I will close it now.:cop: