This is what I want correct?

Taiyo Yuden Shiny Silver Thermal 8X DVD+R

[QUOTE=Slagathor;2023987]Taiyo Yuden Shiny Silver Thermal 8X DVD+R[/QUOTE]That seems a little expensive to me.

I almost ordered 100 -R’s, had to call and cancel…heh
My stuff likes +r’s.

Any suggestions where to order???

[QUOTE=Slagathor;2023992]I almost ordered 100 -R’s, had to call and cancel…heh
My stuff likes +r’s.

Any suggestions where to order???[/QUOTE]Check out the prices at www.rima.com. I take it your in the USA? Or look in the Bargain Basement forum here and see if there are any deals for TY’s. I order all my TY’s from Rima.

Yaaa, I found them…heh

46.33 shipped.

Yes I am in the USA, I thought I set my location… :smiley:

All my single layer back-ups are T02 +R’s. I just use the silver shiny ones mainly but i do have a few hundred T02 +R printables.

I have 50 16x TYG03 WaterShield printables. They print great but burn no where near my 8x T02’s.

TY CD-R’s are the best i have found.

T02’s it is then…

Currently have CMC MAGM01, I jsut cant get away from them…

[QUOTE=Slagathor;2024045]T02’s it is then…

Currently have CMC MAGM01, I jsut cant get away from them…[/QUOTE]Some people have good luck with M01’s and some don’t. Most don’t.

Not that it really matters but what drive do you have? n/m i guess i’m blind :doh: :bigsmile:

heh…

I have never had good luck with them, althought he dvd’s are usable when burned at 6x, but try at 16x, I might as well just throw money in the waste bucket…

I think just about everything I have gotten lately from Waly’s Mart has been the CMC, no more Wally’s mart…heh

This is a little worse then normal, but not by much…

yeah you will like the results from TY-T02 blanks :iagree:

[QUOTE=Slagathor;2024070]heh…

I have never had good luck with them, althought he dvd’s are usable when burned at 6x, but try at 16x, I might as well just throw money in the waste bucket…

I think just about everything I have gotten lately from Waly’s Mart has been the CMC, no more Wally’s mart…heh

This is a little worse then normal, but not by much…[/QUOTE]

Does not look too bad for a M01. In fact it looks good for a M01 burn. I’d expect 5000 total PIF or more and over 150,000 PIE. I think you’re being too harsh if that’s a [B]worse[/B] result than normal.

Actually, I dont think I am being harsh enough. Thats a 16x disk burned at 6x speed.

This one didnt make it over 7.5x, if DVDFAB can be trusted…
I would think I should be able to at least hit half the rated speed…

Got the disks, could see the box was a bit beat up, the container was all busted, UPS sucks…heh

But heres a scan, recorded at 8x, max speed for the dvd’s better then the others, but I wonder if I need a new burner…:

[QUOTE=Slagathor;2028986]I wonder if I need a new burner…:[/QUOTE]

I would have to say [B]YES[/B] a new burner couldn’t hurt because that 1693S is quite a bit out of date :eek: for burning
today’s high speed media. I’ve had good luck burning CMC MAG M01 with any of my Samsung SH-203B’s where as
my old Liteon 160P6S and my Liteon 20A1P flashed to BenQ DW2000 chokes on them BIG TIME :eek: :doh:

Here is a scan and TRT of a CMC MAG M01 I just burned a few minutes ago @18x on one of the SH-203B’s I used
4.7.7.15 to burn with and 4.7.7.5 to do the TRT with because 4.7.7.15 gives a crazy TRT curve with any type or
any brand of disc in there. Never mind the date of 7 Feb 2008 showing because it is a movie I’ve had stored on the
hdd since then and the disc was just burned a few minutes ago. :iagree:

Maybe I’ll buy a new one with the tax rebates…

I am gonna see how these go at 12x, maybe, just for the heck of it…

Just did this one today…

[QUOTE=Slagathor;2030905]Maybe I’ll buy a new one with the tax rebates…

I am gonna see how these go at 12x, maybe, just for the heck of it…

Just did this one today…[/QUOTE]:clap: very nice burn!