"This is the End" Blu-ray copy & newest PS3 firmware?

vbimport

Luckily I’ve read about someone having a problem “Cloning” this title and it not working on a PS3 with the newest firmware update because I too would have “Cloned” and failed playing it. I’ve already read the sticky regarding Cinavia protection & the list of available burners that support ‘binding nonce generation’. I want to use the create BDMV-REC disc feature under the “Full Disc” menu option but will it play on my PS3 with the newest firmware 4.60 update? I always see mentions that it will work on PS3’s with firmware of 4.0 or less but not with the newest & I don’t want to waste a disc experimenting.

I appreciate any insight.

[QUOTE=mcodeg;2703085]Luckily I’ve read about someone having a problem “Cloning” this title and it not working on a PS3 with the newest firmware update because I too would have “Cloned” and failed playing it. I’ve already read the sticky regarding Cinavia protection & the list of available burners that support ‘binding nonce generation’. I want to use the create BDMV-REC disc feature under the “Full Disc” menu option but will it play on my PS3 with the newest firmware 4.60 update? I always see mentions that it will work on PS3’s with firmware of 4.0 or less but not with the newest & I don’t want to waste a disc experimenting.

I appreciate any insight.[/QUOTE]

Make your life easier, get a cinavia free device. Get a media player with USB slots with no bluray drive and you wont run into this issue. And if you’re planning to buy a PS4 you will be in the same position…:smiley:

P.S. I would switch to the XBOX 360 and it doesn’t have cinavia. And it never will…:clap:

I have an xbox 360 but it doesn’t play blu-rays; the new one will but that’s not what I need to know. I’d still appreciate knowing if copying “This Is The End” using the suggested “Full Disc” mode and enabling “BDMV-REC” would result in a disc that would play on a PS3 with firmware above 4.0?!

[QUOTE=mcodeg;2703095]I have an xbox 360 but it doesn’t play blu-rays; the new one will but that’s not what I need to know. I’d still appreciate knowing if copying “This Is The End” using the suggested “Full Disc” mode and enabling “BDMV-REC” would result in a disc that would play on a PS3 with firmware above 4.0?![/QUOTE]
It has been reported that if your PS3 firmware is above 4.00 the BDMV-REC solution is rendered useless. On positive note, you can convert your movie(s) it into a
video file or use a USB external HDD formatted in FAT 32/DATA DVD/DVD-Video, and play them on your XBOX 360.

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2703096]It has been reported that if your PS3 firmware is above 4.00 the BDMV-REC solution is rendered useless. On positive note, you can convert your movie(s) it into a
video file or use a USB external HDD formatted in FAT 32/DATA DVD/DVD-Video, and play them on your XBOX 360.[/QUOTE]

Correct. :iagree:

Version 4.00 was the last Cinavia free PS3 firmware and anything above this won’t work.

It still works on certain standalones though although these are mostly Sony models.

The Xbox 360 is probably the best route as you suggest.

[B]Wombler[/B]