This Is Needed In The New Clonecd

vbimport

I have been using clonecd from the beginning & it has not failed me yet until now.............

With me messing with .ccd file I can create a protection that clonecd cannot copy ....which 2 me is so ridiculous.........since company's spend millions on copy protection..........

I would like 2 c in clonecd a way that I can extract disc/tracks/sectors 2 an image file & most importantly b able 2 have a sector selection just as in "CDRWIN".....

This is a really cool feature which I have never had 2 use until now.................

Originally posted by DJMRLONG
[B]I have been using clonecd from the beginning & it has not failed me yet until now…

With me messing with .ccd file I can create a protection that clonecd cannot copy …which 2 me is so ridiculous…since company’s spend millions on copy protection…

I would like 2 c in clonecd a way that I can extract disc/tracks/sectors 2 an image file & most importantly b able 2 have a sector selection just as in “CDRWIN”…

This is a really cool feature which I have never had 2 use until now… [/B]

What did you change in the .ccd file to create this protection?

Huh? Do you mean CCD created a protection that I can’t copy itself?
Yes, I would like to know you did to the CCP file. ( no such thing as a CCD file, not heard it b4.)
Also can you paste your Logbook here :wink:

Originally posted by DJMRLONG
This is a really cool feature which I have never had 2 use until now…

I think you can use IsoBuster/CDMage to extract a sector :wink:
Forgot which one…

I have been on a quest 2 learn more about protections…how they wk & how 2 deafeat them …

I figured out a long time ago if u modify entry 2 in the ccd file it becomes a perfect protection … depending on what exactly the source is as diff figures needs 2b keyed in 4 music & software…

After c n what ccd lock etc does I knew I was on2 something …

However the only prog that I have seen that can copy this is cdrwin by figuring out the size of the cd … then selecting the sectors that correspond 2 the size of the source cd…
& by the way I have noticed that in viewing the contents using isobuster … only very good drives can access diff folders …[my plex 24x can view it with ease whilst my tosh 1612 can’t

This is why clonecd needs a feature like this as there is no way possible that it can copy it…

log file of a cd which is 437mb in size [psx game]

and 1 CDI 7:49:01 PM Device Scan found 5 CD-ROMs -Writers!
I 7:49:32 PM Starting copy from V386 STEALTH DVD to G:\IMAGE.CCD
I 7:49:32 PM Read Speed for Data Tracks: Maximum
I 7:49:32 PM Read Speed for Audio Tracks: Maximum
I 7:49:32 PM Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: Yes
I 7:49:32 PM Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: Yes
I 7:49:32 PM Fast Error Skip: Yes
I 7:49:32 PM Don’t report read errors: No
I 7:49:32 PM Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Yes
I 7:49:33 PM CD contains CD-Text: No
I 7:49:34 PM Reading Track 1… (Blocks 0-154)
I 7:49:34 PM Duration of operation: 00:00:01
I 7:49:34 PM Average Speed: 361 kBytes/s (2.05)
I 7:49:34 PM Reading finished!

Can you tell me “what you did” to the ccd/ccp files? :slight_smile:

Originally posted by softwareguy
Yes, I would like to know you did to the CCP file. ( no such thing as a CCD file, not heard it b4.)
M8, I’m wondering why numpty hasn’t given you hard time over the .ccd comment. “no such thing as a CCD file…”, surely you kid us? Take a look at your collection of image files and tell the extensions you see, eh?

ok gys 4 some reason no seems 2 understand where I get the .ccd file extension …

There are 3 files created when u create an image

1] image.ccd
2] image.img
3] image.sub

I am not talking about the profiles with .ccp extensions…

so I’m saying when u mod the image.ccd then u can create a disc which cannot b copied by CLONE … or should I say I have not been able 2 copy it with clone…

If u take a look at my log file u will c what i mean …

This is why I say 4 “Clonecd” 2 b the ultimate software 4 cloning a disc a feature like the one found in “cdrwin” needs 2b part of it …

Hey it’s just a suggestion

BY FUTUREPROOF

M8, I’m wondering why numpty hasn’t given you hard time over the .ccd comment. “no such thing as a CCD file…”, surely you kid us? Take a look at your collection of image files and tell the extensions you see, eh?

Numpty hasn’t yet so i will!!

DUDE THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR SAYING!!! YOU SEEM VERY CONFUSED:confused:

i think numpty was right:p

WELL I QUESS I’M USING A DIFFERENT VERSION OF CLONECD 2 ALL U OR MY EYES NEED 2 B CHECKED

but thats besides the point of my original post …which was showing where clone can easily b defeated in a few seconds…

& i had 2 go back 2 my old cdrwin 2 copy the disc with a mod TOC

By the way i checked again & all I c is .ccd/.img/.sub

I changed and messed about with this over 6 months ago. The actual lead out time is what is being changed. The cdrom will think that the cd is only 1 minute in length.

If you do this to an audio cd EAC can still copy it

If you do it with a psx disc clone and plex12 and above can still copy it

It is quite a cool little mod to the ccd file, but when you write the file back, clone gives you the option to re-correct the TOC and strip the protection back out

andyw

somebody posted this same idea in fileforums about 5-6 months ago, at least, the idea that messing the ccd file can make a cd that clone cant copy.

"Numpty hasn’t yet so i will!!

DUDE THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR SAYING!!! YOU SEEM VERY CONFUSED

i think numpty was right"

HEY HEY HEY, i just saw this! Man, I’m right. Must be bad wen youur shou size is bigger then youre iq

(i cant spell but its got nothinhg to do with my shoues!)

sorry i just realised i’m messing with someone’ elses’ posting, sorry, i can’t think of anything to help, so its a wasted post sorry, is there really a problem here? Just some fool playing with fire, isn’t it?

@DJMRLONG

Take a look at Easy Audio Lock! It does the same what you figured out! In fact, EAL does the same as Midbar, the inventor of Cactus Data Shield 100 (modify pointer to start of lead-out in TOC)! This program works with the .ccd file. Furthermore EAL can do some more tricks with the .ccd file to get an even better protection. CDS100 can be easily bypassed by a Plextor reader.

:smiley:

hello

is there an english link for that site Upperdog?

@DJMRLONG can you please explain what values you change?

this is very interesting as i have some CAD Drawings and reports that i want to give out to ppl, but i don’t want them ripping off my work for themselves.

thanks

if it’s a prog then what i would do is mod the entry 2 entering pmin=0
psec=0
pframe=0

then add in 2 more entries which will become entry 5 & 6 …u can just copy entry 1 & 2 & mod the pmins …

and u also have 2 mod line 4 [toc entrys = 6]

when it comes 2 software because of the limitations of the cdrom can’t do any better than this i think…

however 4 music & console games it a whole different ballgame

DJMRLONG thanks for the info

i’m gonna give it another try to your directions.

is there more information available anywhere on creating your own cd protections? (in english)

if u want 2 do music then try these values

pmin 0
psec 4
pframe 4

then when u about 2 burn it will give u 3 options …choose the 1st one which is the default … & then u have a protected disc …

Originally posted by sherman1
is there an english link for that site Upperdog?

http://www.cdr-masters.de/Easy-Audio-Lock/English/Index.htm