This information is true or false? company CMC media

vbimport

This information (40 years) is true or untrue? CMC Magnetics said the following information about my DVD + R 16x Philips manufactured by it:

With respect to safety of data / Iifetime of the product, CMC can give the following statement
for its 16X DVD-R products:
Accelerated aging tests that follow the standard of ECMA-379/ISO-10995 allow to expect
that CMC 16X DVD-R can be archived for at least 40 years if the following conditions are
met:
· The 16X DVD-R are stored under normal archiving conditions (25°C , 50% relative
humidity, protected against light and against dust and other pollution).
· The 16X DVD-R are treated properly, and especially the surface is not damaged by
scratches, stains, etc.
· The used hardware and software for the writing and reading of the 16X DVD-R is in
well condition.
· The 16X DVD-R have only been used for the intended purpose of recording data.

This information (40 years) is true or untrue?

Marketing gimmick…
No-one can verify such statements before that 40 years passed by…:wink:
Lab tests can only give an probable indication about the durability of optical media (and other stuff),but it’s no absulute science.
Many things in real life circumstances can influent the expected lifespan of things,and predicting the correct lifetime of their product is not only not verifiable before that 40 years end,but it’s also a bold claim…

Psst, roadworker, be careful:

It might be tough to get this information across. Language barrier & all. :wink:

[QUOTE=Albert;2773874]Psst, roadworker, be careful:
It might be tough to get this information across. Language barrier & all. ;)[/QUOTE]

THX for the info,Albert!:bigsmile:
But as father of 2 autistic children,I know how to handle such cases…:wink:

this information (40 years) is false in stored under normal archiving conditions (25°C , 50% relative
humidity, protected against light and against dust and other pollution).

I burned the DVD discs in 2013 and they were made in 2010 with Nero DiscSpeed I tested again my DVD + R 16x Philips (cd slim box) manufactured by CMC and the two discs presented as a result 100% Good Green

also tested two Smartbuy CDs (paper bag) that were stored in the same place of dvds and cds both had faults and read errors

because of this difference in the results? these my dvds are reliable for long-term storage? the cmc says 40 years in 25 ° C 50% RH without light (put the discs in box) the cmc lie or truth?

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2774011]

also tested two Smartbuy CDs (paper bag) that were stored in the same place of dvds and cds both had faults and read errors [/QUOTE]

Storing in paper bags is a bad idea,as the disc has contact with a chemically treated surface.

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2774011] the cmc says 40 years in 25 ° C 50% RH without light (put the discs in box) the cmc lie or truth?[/QUOTE]

LIE!
You’re looking for certainties and absolute values,but no matter how high your desire for 100% confirmation is,no-one,and I mean that literally,can give you a correct answer for your queeste…
All these predicted lifespans of optical media are ASSUMPTIONS,based on labtests and realtime experiences of the used materials,but no living person on earth can guarantee such claim until those 40 years passed by…I know it’s hard,but adopt and learn to live with it…

Because Smartbuy CDs had errors in the test and the Philips DVD not? DVD is tougher than cd? philips is better than smartbuy? All optical discs are stored in the same location

1 In 2016 I tested with Nero DiscSpeed 2 dvds + r philips 16x (cmc mag m01 00), the discs were burned in 2013 and made in 2010, the test results were 100% Good Green in 2013 and 2016 year, it is possible to say that these stored discs 25 Cº 50% RH will last 40 years as CMC reported?

2 What I do not understand is that I also tested two CDS Smartbuy Prodisc burned in 2013, the year I burned those discs the test disc nero speed the result was 100% good and now in 2016 the test is 98% with some errors because it is different from philips test? all cds and dvds discs are stored in the same location