Hi from Spain,
I get an offer of the new LiteOn LVW-1105HC+ for 120 Euro (around $140) and I’m reading that unit is pretty similar to the 5005 model plus DivX playback capacity, but I also read some issues this unit suffers.
I would like to record some TV series and convert older VHS tapes to DVD. Eventually I would convert DV tapes to DVD via the 1394 port of the LiteOn (although I’m currently making it with the computer with excellent results and custom, beautiful menus, so this is not a priority). I plan to record in +RW and edit them later to remove ads and add menus and chapters.
My questions are:
- Does the 1105HC+ have SCART connectors? I downloaded the user manual but seems that it’s not included.
- Are the DVDs recorded by the 1105/5005 editable with PC software?
- Do the DVD recorded have trouble to be read with standalone players? (I own a Pioneer DV-444 and a LiteOn 812S PC burner).
- Does the 5005/1105 support MP3 IDTag/long filenames?
- Do the 5005/1105 have major flaws? Which ones?
Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,