Thinking of buying AnyDVD or DVDFAB, but

vbimport

I’M UNSURE WHICH TO BUY…:confused:

Dvdfab used to work great until (i think) my trial time limit expired. when i downloaded the updates (like the one that will allow you to back up “up” the movie), It still didn’t back up my “up”. That movie also didn’t backup with Anydvd either.

Both have proven themselves as great software in the past, but i can only afford one of the two at this moment, And I’m afraid i will buy one of the programs and it still won’t work even when downloading new patches. How rational is this fear? I’m leaning toward dvdfab, but like i said the last few weeks (even with downloading updates) it hasn’t worked on my new movies…

I wanna buy one by the end of the night…so what do the great minds think? :bow:

Thanks all…

Both programs will back up the same movies , To me AnyDvd seems to have came out with some of the updates quicker than DVDFab, but they both do get updated all the time.

DVDFab is more of a all in one software as far as what you can do , but you do have to buy each function.

DVDFab has not worked on the latest movies with the free copy because of the way they are updating the free version now, you have to wait longer than the people that bought it.

For someone that can only afford 1 I personally would vote for DVDFab as the one to get.

JMHO

They both have Free trials, try them both and choose what works best for you. :slight_smile:

alan Good Day :flower:

His trial periods are up that is why he is looking to actually buy.
With DVDFab’s new policy on the free version I suspect we will be getting asked this a lot in the near future. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bean55;2466145]alan Good Day :flower:

His trial periods are up that is why he is looking to actually buy.
With DVDFab’s new policy on the free version I suspect we will be getting asked this a lot in the near future. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Its extremely hard to make a decsion for someone else. If the OP tried both programs and read our forum threads, he should have a good idea on which should suit his needs. Personally to me they are two completely different programs and should not be compared. AnyDVD is a drcrypter, yes it rips to hdd. Fab does more things but if you dont need those thing then, ? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, they are both great programs, if I used the trials for the full trial period, I would have a pretty good idea which one suited me best.:slight_smile:

the only part I need is the decrypter…which is all i need either program for… I just want to know the updates will now work after it’s purchased…you all are right it is my decision…but I appreciate and value your views here…

If you only want the decrypter then anydvd might be the best way to go.

But can anyone really say they will or will not be in business longer or as long as anyone else?
They have been around a long time now and it does not look like they are going away anytime soon.

I have both programs and they are both being updated on a regular basis, if that helps.

For me is AnyDVD HD all the way…I also have CloneCD and CloneDVD as well to do the copying of my dvd as well. And I did purchased the lifetime updates for all three and it works. As for DvdFab Plat lifetime updates that is another story if they come out with v7 or higher you might have to buy a new license that to me would be a no brainer -I for me would stay with the 3 slysoft product as I have lifetime updates with them. That to my would be a big plus and also others have mention that the Anydvd HD 6.6.0.3 has worked with backing the Disney UP dvd. I don’t currently own it so I won’t know that result but others have talked about it on the forum.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2466243]For me is AnyDVD HD all the way…I also have CloneCD and CloneDVD as well to do the copying of my dvd as well. And I did purchased the lifetime updates for all three and it works. [B]As for DvdFab Plat lifetime updates that is another story if they come out with v7 or higher you might have to buy a new license [/B]that to me would be a no brainer -I for me would stay with the 3 slysoft product as I have lifetime updates with them. That to my would be a big plus and also others have mention that the Anydvd HD 6.6.0.3 has worked with backing the Disney UP dvd. I don’t currently own it so I won’t know that result but others have talked about it on the forum.[/QUOTE]

You can also buy a lifetime registration for DVDFab and you will not have to pay again just because they release a higher version number :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2466243]For me is AnyDVD HD all the way…I also have CloneCD and CloneDVD as well to do the copying of my dvd as well. And I did purchased the lifetime updates for all three and it works. As for DvdFab Plat lifetime updates that is another story if they come out with v7 or higher you might have to buy a new license that to me would be a no brainer -I for me would stay with the 3 slysoft product as I have lifetime updates with them. That to my would be a big plus and also others have mention that the Anydvd HD 6.6.0.3 has worked with backing the Disney UP dvd. I don’t currently own it so I won’t know that result but others have talked about it on the forum.[/QUOTE]

DVDFab does the movie UP with no problems. :iagree:

As I said both programs are updated on a regular basis.

I bought dvdfab dvdtodvd, then I bought “the goods” movie and am trying to back it up…but it looks like it’s not gonna copy right. I mean normally it takes about 20 minutes and this disc is talking about 4 hours to copy…the version I got was supposedly updated 11/11/09…maybe I’m doing something wrong. I put the registration key in…and saw my name come up…but it’s not looking good…we’ll see

try resetting your DMA and to do that DVDFab has an option in common settings that you just click to reset

As expected,there was an error… Resetting my dma, How do I do that?v

try resetting your DMA and to do that DVDFab has an option in common settings that you just click to reset

[QUOTE=Huey2k9;2466699]As expected,there was an error… Resetting my dma, How do I do that?v[/QUOTE]

Click on the Green circle with the checkmark in it and it will bring up the setting’s page.Highlight " General " down on the bottom right side button says " Reset DMA "

Hope this helps

ok a did that…and enabled pathplayer…apparently i turned it off when trying to backup transformers 2 and forgot to turn it back on…thanks for all your help advice and support…i think its working now but i will keep you updated…YOU GUYS ARE F***KIN GREAT!!! excuse my french