Thinking of buying a Primera Accent Laminator but Discontinued?

So, I’m thinking about buying the Primera laminator but I’m finding that they are discontinued?!?! Anybody know why this is? Is it possibly because of the new water shield inkjet media? It makes me think twice about getting one. I’m wondering if it has to do with performance issues? Is that why it’s discontinued. Let me know your thoughts and so forth and whether or not the equipment is worth the money.

Thanks in advance

[QUOTE=CD Writer;2417989]So, I’m thinking about buying the Primera laminator but I’m finding that they are discontinued?!?! Anybody know why this is? Is it possibly because of the new water shield inkjet media? It makes me think twice about getting one. I’m wondering if it has to do with performance issues? Is that why it’s discontinued. Let me know your thoughts and so forth and whether or not the equipment is worth the money.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Did you just try to contact the company if they still are listed??? That would be your best reason as to why??? Right??

What? What would be the reason why? Your response doesn’t really make sense.

[QUOTE=CD Writer;2418208]What? What would be the reason why? Your response doesn’t really make sense.[/QUOTE]

Well if you looking to why they discontinued that product you should first contact the manufacture or look at their web site to see why they stop making that product. It would stand to reason if they stop making a product maybe a newer version is out or they stop making them all together or the company has closed. If one isn’t willing to make contact with the company they will never know why the company decided what they decided. That is a sound reason if one doesn’t want to do that they-they are free to do as they wish.

Yes. I looked at the website. The product is still listed, however, it is marked as discontinued as of February of 2006. It doesn’t say you can’t buy one. I believe what they mean is that production of that unit has ceased. It does not say why this action was taken. I’m thinking that perhaps newer, water resistant, CD media could be the reason for the demise of this machine. Why laminate the CD to protect it from water and so forth when media exists that can do the same thing? I’m thinking about getting one but with this information of it being discontinued makes me think twice. What else might be discontinued? The laminate rolls? What would you do if you were me? You have a need to laminate CDs or DVDs…would you buy this product, suggest another? What are your thoughts?

I would advise against buying a product that has been discontinued just for the reason of warranty and incase you do find another product by another manufacture that is more current to your needs. But then again why laminate a cd/dvd that just to me goes against one needs to find a better way to store their cd/dvds from scratches. Plus if those laminating materials degrade and peal they will damage your cd/dvd rendering it useless and anything on them will be lost. But for what it’s worth don’t buy a cd/dvd laminating machine your wasting your money just use it on some inexpensive storage case that holds like 200 -300 cd/dvd case where one side is cloth or felt not sure and one side is the plastic. It’s those sleve you want to look for so you can better protect your cd/dvd in the long run. Otherwise your going to have to buy alot of cd/dvd individual cases to hold all your cd/dvd and that would take alot of space. I just use cd/dvd sleves in that I buy at Wal-mart and those do nicely to hold cd/dvd and never had any of them damage just cause I have them in there.

You don’t understand. I have a semi-professional duplication business. With the projects I get, clients demand more and more for less and less. The lamination wouldn’t just be for protection. It’s more along the lines of cosmetic. The finished product would stand out and look great. However, with this thing being discontinued, I’m left wondering why. Is it because the water shield media is so good now that lamination is obsolete? It makes me rethink things and the choices I may make. Is the product any good to begin with? Anybody have one? I’ll try and contact the manufacturer on Monday and see if someone can tell me why. There is no successor to this product either. In other words, they didn’t discontinue this product to introduce another. They simply folded shop on CD/DVD lamination period.

I have seen a laminator on sale here in the UK for just under £2K.
The material sells for £40 - £75 per reel.
If the product is discontinued you should be wary about being able to obtain the supplies in the future.

Unbelievable. I found one on Craigslist for $530! I’ve jumped on it. It’s on its way to me now. I’ll keep my fingers crossed if the thing actually works. At $530, I would give it 60/40 odds of actually working. We’ll see.

Did you get the laminator? How is it? I’m looking for the same and am very curious about the cost per disc and the actual effects. I’m also looking to purchase a PRIMERA TECHNOLOGY BRAVO II CD/DVD DISC PUBLISHER.

Thanks,

Randy

If anybody is still looking for an accent laminator, I have one. I also have a nexis 100 ap printer. Write me at [B]removed[/B] if you have an interest.

the laminator has less than 2 rolls run through it.

Yes, I’m looking for, please!!!