Thinking about getting new DVD burner

ok my Pioneer 216 does not like to burn DL media does fine on SL though so I am thinking about getting a new burner and might as well get something that can do quality scans also so I was looking at a plextor PX-850SA is this a good burner I would use it mostly for ripping and burning I don’t watch DVDs on my PC

heres a link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827249043

during the layer break at 47% my 216 errors out on falcon media and my LG Blu-Ray burner burns them just fine

@ MrPete1985,

If you intend to continue to use your problematic falcon DL media purchasing a new Burner is not going to correct your DL Media burning problems.

Your Pioneer DVR-216 DL Media burning problems is caused by the use of your problematic falcon DL media.

It has been discussed in numerous postings through out the Forum that he ONLY DL Media that consistently produces quality error free results is Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media. ALL other DL Media is considered suspect and should be avoided (not used).

Suggest performing Disk Quality Scans of your falcon DL media burned in your LG Blu-Ray burner and you will find less than desirable Disk Quality Scans of your falcon DL media.

Regards,
bjkg

I don’t have a drive that can do quality scans thats half the reason I was looking at a plextor drive

well you were right found an old optiarc i had replaced when I got a bad batch of blanks and thought it was the drive going

did a quality scan the first layer looks good but the second layer is trash

@ MrPete1985,

Suggest noting comments concerning Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media in posting #2 in this thread.

Exclusively use Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media and you will not have any DL Media related issues.

Regards,
bjkg