DVD/CD ROM Drive
19” Widescreen TFT 5MS Flat Panel Screen
Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse
Creative Inspire 5800 5.1 Speaker System
10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
12 x USB2 Ports
Firewire

other options are win XP (home, pro or MC)
& the usual customize options

£1050

looks ok :smiley:

Yeah, you’re just trying to make us jealous…and its working. :slight_smile:

Sure you don’t want to upgrade the video card to a 8800GTS and blow your budget for the next month too? :wink:

lol, sorry if i’m making you jealous :flower:

thats roughly the money i’ll be spending on a new PC, not too sure about upgrading the graphics card, while i’ve got a good few games, i’ve not played them (not even installed) for about 6 months now.

not sure about the raid set up, don’t know much about it

:iagree: :bigsmile:

Looks very nice. Wish I had £1000+ to blow on a rig like that :smiley:

not sure about the raid set up, don’t know much about it

I don’t know a great deal about raid arrays either, but they don’t seem to be necessary for most home users. Raid 1 will mirror your data across two disks and make the loss of data a lot less likely, but takes up a lot of your hd capacity. Wikipedia has a good introduction to the subject but not much more than that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels

Your prospective computer looks good. I just can’t talk myself into upgrading yet.

thanks for the link Kerry

hopefully a couple of more bonus’s will help in the payment, not totally sold on this one, but it’s one of the better ones.

i take it i could do away with the raid and use all the HDD space

What’s the motherboard spec exactly, bj? Looks a bit generic to my untutored eye…

BTW let me know if you want our colleagues in General Hardware to give it the once-over, and I can transfer the thread (if and whenever you like).

I would imagine so, there’s probably a setting in the BIOS or something like that :slight_smile:

Although if it’s a “generic” mobo as imkidd guessed, don’t expect too much in the way of nice BIOS options (my old eMachine has a TriGem mobo, and BIOS options are crap).

thanks imkidd & arachne, theres not a support email address to contact them, only a phone number, i’ll phone them tomorrow and ask them that, also about warranty.

i’ll post back with their answer, thanks :smiley:

(oh, i don’t muck about with the bios :disagree: ) :bigsmile:

One 120GB HDD seems a bit small today

That’s 1200 GB, CCR… ;). Maybe 2 x 600 GB

It’s 1200GB and since I don’t know of any 600GB hard disks, I’m guessing it’s 4x300GB or 3X400GB disks, which is kind of extreme.

You won’t gain any capacity by undoing a RAID Stripe.

Bj why don’t you just order the parts/case you want and build one like most of us do? I wish i had the money to build more pc’s :iagree: It’s very easy.

Then you can tweak it and have full access to your mobo bios :slight_smile:

the bits i’ve put in my basket is over £1200 & i’m not finished :eek: (not bought)

:bigsmile:

Good God 1200GB even I would have problems filling that

just off the phone to cube & the guy says the MB is an Asus conroe crossfire, i did ask what model # it was ie; P5W, but all he said it was a [B]conroe crossfire[/B]

I just hate paying someone to put it together as much as i hate paying interest to credit card companies. It’s up to you Bj. I’m not trying to tell you what to do. I’m just telling you what i would do is all :slight_smile:

cheers bob.

i may start buying bits just now, like memory as i believe its going to go up in price soon

cube are good but a lil pricey their based near where i live not bad best bet is overclockers.co.uk or cclonline.com :wink: :slight_smile: build it youreself :stuck_out_tongue:

overclockers was where i was pricing all the parts, £1200 down and still more to buy :frowning: