There will be no CD-R Verbatim Pastel?

Thanks for the info, Ibex :flower:

Bah, you should put your nice pink discs on display for all to see. :bigsmile:

Personally…I’d grab the “few hundred Pastels”…but then I’m certifiable anyway :bigsmile:

Edit: LOL, I was just considering offering you a trade for your chosen colour. :wink:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2189919I] have a pack of Plextors that I bought 3 years ago which consistently have a BLER average of ~5.0 and always some C2 errors. And my last pack of unbranded was a complete disaster, some discs are OK but they all have to be checked for C2 errors and about 1 in 5 are unreadable (1000s of C2 errors). [/QUOTE]Uuuuh, that’s really very bad luck and must have been a pain in the a**. :frowning:
Did you buy both from the same retailer?

About the colors, well, that’s the whole idea of the “pastels”… 50’s retro style! So you certainly can’t escape the kitsh pale pink. :bigsmile:
Go figure, maybe it’s a change in the customer’s perception of the design (changing generation) that leads Verbatim to stop production of this “niche” product. :sad:

EDIT - I just read your last post = missed the important episode = good news! :cool:

The Plextors came from SVP in spring 2006, and by the time I had concluded that they were a bad batch Plextor had discontinued their discs. :a

The unbranded discs were sold as “Datasafe” Taiyo Yuden. I had intended to get them from SVP as well, but in the end they came from UKDVDR (January 2007) because SVP were out of stock of a personal CD player that I also wanted. The first 15-20 Datasafe TY were ok (BLER of 0.7-1.5, very rarely any E22 and no E32), but then I started getting some unusable discs. By the time I got to the middle of the pack you could see visible disc defects, usually a clear patch in the dye in the shape of a small hair or other fibre. From the very begining there were some discs with small defects in the clear laquer on the top of the disc but this did not usually cause any problems. I have about 45 discs left which I use every now and again out of curiosity.

For the record I can feed Verbatim Pastels into my SH-S202N, write them at 32x (although the speed doesn’t really matter) and be certain of getting a disc with a BLER average of <0.2 and never any E22 or 32 errors. :cool:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2189994]Personally…I’d grab the “few hundred Pastels”…but then I’m certifiable anyway :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Certifiably of sound mind I trust, after all I am thinking exactly the same. :smiley: The only reason I am hesitating is that I would have to buy them from somewhere other than SVP (see above). :wink:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2190064]The Plextors came from SVP in spring 2006, and by the time I had concluded that they were a bad batch Plextor had discontinued their discs. :a[/quote]:doh:

The unbranded discs were sold as “Datasafe” Taiyo Yuden.
Busted! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding. :wink: But my point is, as you can guess, that I have no trust in anything Datasafe branded, when it comes to consistency. They buy the lower grade stuff whatever the manufacturer (so the TYs are special value lines), then make their own packaging while cutting costs as much as they can, and the end product is extremely variable, with a fair amount of slightly defective discs. Same goes for all E-net stuff BTW (Datasafe, Datawrite, Ridisc, Mediarange, Rimedia…), that is worth buying ONLY from SVP, because of their customer policies. Buying E-net stuff from other retailers is darn risky, cause you can get stucked with the discs!

[QUOTE=Ibex;2190064]

Certifiably of sound mind I trust, after all I am thinking exactly the same. :smiley: The only reason I am hesitating is that I would have to buy them from somewhere other than SVP (see above). ;)[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha :bigsmile:

I’m sure Pastels from a different retailer would be fine…just check their returns policies first, hehe :wink:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2190078]…I have no trust in anything Datasafe branded, when it comes to consistency.[/QUOTE]
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

When I ordered the CDs it didn’t say Datasafe on the web site, only on the packing note after my order was delivered.:a:sad: Needless to say I have never bought anything from them again.

It is so difficult when buying unbranded TY discs. Because they just come in plain packaging you only have the retailer’s word that they are Datasafe, Mediastar, direct from TY etc. It would be so easy for them to take your money for the most expensive ones but ‘accidentally’ send you the Datasafe c%*p by mistake and pocket the difference. If the discs are in a cakebox they could be really crafty and put say 15-20 good discs at the top so that you wouldn’t notice until a few months later.:wink:

Freaks like many of us only trust certain retailers. Esp if price is too low it’s better to stay away unless it’s a trusted seller. (One with a good record)

Better to have good reliable stock at home than get bad stock from a new unknown place… or something…

[QUOTE=CJ2;2190803]Better to have good reliable stock at home than get bad stock from a new unknown place… or something…[/QUOTE]:iagree: When I could still order from SVP, just before they stopped shipping to Belgium, I stocked unbranded TY silver printable CD-Rs.
So much of them actually, that I’m not sure that I’ll burn them all before the time when I have no need for CD-Rs anymore. :rolleyes:

Any update on this?

If someone of You guys somehow decides to sell his Pastel Discs (the more the better) he/she can contact me on my mail: [email removed] or find me in Facebook: “Dimitar Grigorov”. I definitely want to get some of these for quality audio recording so if someone is interested we can both make a good deal so that everyone is fully satisfied :)))

P.S: Sorry for raising the thread from the dead but I’ve just found it and decided to try my luck :stuck_out_tongue:

i have three 50pk spindles.

[QUOTE=memory;2585409]i have three 50pk spindles.[/QUOTE]

You have a PM :wink: