There will be no CD-R Verbatim Pastel?

As I said they are ok. :slight_smile: Since CMC is using Phtalocyanine dye I have no longvity problems with them either. But I have too less of them to be representative.

Uhoh, bad news indeed. It’s about time I bought out the store that intercepts all those shipments of Verbatim Extra Protection meant to be sold in Europe :wink: Sorry EU friends! :smiley:

[quote=evo69;2182800]It’s about time I bought out the store that intercepts all those shipments of Verbatim Extra Protection meant to be sold in Europe :wink: Sorry EU friends! :D[/quote] Most Verbatim Exta Protection are NOT Made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden. :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2182963]Most Verbatim Exta Protection are NOT Made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden. ;)[/QUOTE]

That’s what I told you, the shipments have already been intercepted :wink: :smiley: ALL of the Verbatim Pastel Extra Protection (#43417) discs that I have (~200 of them) are MIJ/TY in the distinctive TY spindle, and have www.verbatim-europe.com on them. :flower: Sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. I’d post pics but I’ve had too much whiskey to bother :o I missed out on the Pastel part in my first post, so the confusion might be of my own doing also :wink:

[QUOTE=BurningFish;2182565]Slight problem you can’t buy them in Europe (only in Greece). You can only buy bulk 100pc instead which cost more than double the price of Verbatims.[/QUOTE]

:disagree: you can buy 10 or 20 in Jewel Case or 30/50/100 bulk, also you can get the audio cd’s (32x :bigsmile:).

As my dealer said about a month ago, Pastels are End of life product and are no longer made. Which is really sad, they were really great disks. Using now Verbatim Shiny silver azos, which is also quite good. Normal Datalife+ Azos are crap if you ask me.

Maybe I should get those unbranded TY disks… Still have 250 pcs of Verbs though.:iagree:

I contacted SVP & Verbatim to try and confirm what the situation is with Verbatim Pastel CD-R discs. No reply from Verbatim yet but I received this reply from SVP (70 minutes later and on Christmas Eve afternoon!).

We have not been made aware of Verbatim’s wishes to stop production of the CD-R Pastel Colour.
We shall pursue the request for further information at the start of the New Year.

We hope you have a Happy Christmas,

Kind Regards,
Pete @ SVP

[QUOTE=Ibex;2183858]…but I received this reply from SVP (70 minutes later and on Christmas Eve afternoon!).[/QUOTE]

Great to still see that level of customer service from SVP :iagree:

Just bought two spindles today. My local Media Markt has galore of them :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2184027]Just bought two spindles today. My local Media Markt has galore of them :)[/QUOTE]

Hey Michael…have a look at the kitty in my profile pic, that’s my response to that :bigsmile:

Aargh! I just heard about the Pastel’s a few days ago and now I stumble across this thread. I was in the only local store that sells Verbies yesterday and they didn’t have any. Now I know why.:sad:

Yep, it was just few months I heard about pastels too. And have used few spindles. Should have bought MANY spindles of them when they were still available.:sad:

[QUOTE=jurmula;2184335]Should have bought MANY spindles of them when they were still available.:sad:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’m starting to feel the same way sigh :doh:

I can still get a ton of Extra Protection Pastels for ~$9-10 per 50pk spindle locally - I’d offer to send some but the shipping costs might be uneconomical. BUT I do know you guys in the US and EU have more choices of TY media whereas I can only find CD-Rs here.

Time to stock up on a lot. I don’t know how I’m going to finish my current 200 + planned purchase of 600 pastel discs, but at least I’ll be set if I do need to use a lot. :wink: :smiley:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2182550]:They were better than any unbranded Taiyo Yuden CD-R discs I have ever had. [/QUOTE]Personally, I never found any significant difference in quality between all of the various TY CDRs I used during the last 4 years… Verbatim pastels, Plextors, plain unbranded, white printable unbranded, silver printable unbranded… all were top-notch, and I think I had not a single problematic disc out of at least 1200+ blanks! :cool:

I’ll regret the pastels nonetheless. Pretty discs with a nice retro style. I still have a small stash that I used for small backups, I’ll use them more sparingly from now on. :eek:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2189590]Personally, I never found any significant difference in quality between all of the various TY CDRs I used during the last 4 years… Verbatim pastels, Plextors, plain unbranded, white printable unbranded, silver printable unbranded… all were top-notch, and I think I had not a single problematic disc out of at least 1200+ blanks! :cool:

I’ll regret the pastels nonetheless. Pretty discs with a nice retro style. I still have a small stash that I used for small backups, I’ll use them more sparingly from now on. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I know that I have not had the best luck with Taiyo Yuden CDs in the past. I have a pack of Plextors that I bought 3 years ago which consistently have a BLER average of ~5.0 and always some C2 errors. And my last pack of unbranded was a complete disaster, some discs are OK but they all have to be checked for C2 errors and about 1 in 5 are unreadable (1000s of C2 errors). Both packs should have been sent straight back, but at the time I blamed my writers for the problems with the Plextors and the unbranded didn’t reveal their true nature until I had used the first 20 discs.

So far my Verbatims Pastels have been perfect, but the price to pay is the colours. The blue, green and gold are tolerable, but I can’t stand the orange and pink.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2189919]but I can’t stand the orange and pink.[/QUOTE]

A small price for a great disc :slight_smile: Unfortunately i sold 200 to friends not long ago and have only 200 left :sad:

[quote=Ibex;2189919]So far my Verbatims Pastels have been perfect, but the price to pay is the colours. The blue, green and gold are tolerable, but I can’t stand the orange and pink.[/quote] People have different tastes … personally I can’t stand C2 errors! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2189941]People have different tastes … personally I can’t stand C2 errors! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

ROTFL :bigsmile:

I think the pink Pastels are gorgeous BTW :smiley:

Still no reply from Verbatim Europe to my e-mail so I asked someone to telephone them for me. This is what Verbatim Europe say -

[B]Verbatim Pastel CD-R discs are NOT being discontinued, but they are out of stock at the moment. They are trying very hard to get more but it may take several months.[/B]

I remember something like this happening before (March 2007 I think) and they were out of stock for a long time at SVP.

Even so I am still considering liquidating my Plextor fund and getting a few hundred Verbatim Pastels just to be on the safe side. But I just cannot make up my mind.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2189941]People have different tastes … personally I can’t stand C2 errors! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Who can? :iagree: That is why I buy the Pastels anyway. But the pink & orange ones are used for particularly important master copies that are locked away and I will hopefully never need to look at again. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2189975]I think the pink Pastels are gorgeous BTW :D[/QUOTE]
Swap pink for blue? :flower: