There will be no CD-R Verbatim Pastel?

vbimport

According to some local Verbatim dealers there will be no CD-R Pastel disks in Verbatim’s production list…
Is it true?

It would be a real shame if Verbatim Pastel CD-R disappears from the market.

They are still listed on the Verbatim Europe site.

I can’t find Verbatim Pastel CD-R in stock at any of the usual online shops I use, so what you have heard might be true. I have no more information than you, unfortunately.

They have been discontinued in August 08.
Everything from that on was old stock :frowning:

Verbatim extra protection Made in Japan are still existing bought some two days ago, but they are rare.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2182453]
I can’t find Verbatim Pastel CD-R in stock at any of the usual online shops I use, so what you have heard might be true. I have no more information than you, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Including the Ship of Vile Pirates?

I’m glad I still have 150 stashed away (but I bet the Dragon has more…;)).

@BurningFish - the Made in Japan Extra Protection Verbies used to be easy to find here, but as you say they’re rare now :sad:

[quote=Arachne;2182515]
I’m glad I still have 150 stashed away (but I bet the [B]Dragon[/B] has more…;)).
[/quote]Must have about four spindles (50 pcs each) plus a half one stored away :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2182518]Must have about four spindles (50 pcs each) plus a half one stored away :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, that must be round about ~70 discs more than I have. How about we split the extra ones? :bigsmile:

Just kidding, I know you love your Pastels :wink:

[quote=Arachne;2182515]Including the [I]Ship of Vile Pirates[/I]?[/quote] The [I]Ship of Vile Pirates[/I] is also out of stock.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2182526]The [I]Ship of Vile Pirates[/I] is also out of stock.[/QUOTE]

:sad:

'Bout time I arranged that trip to Denmark…:cool:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

What do we do now? They were better than any unbranded Taiyo Yuden CD-R discs I have ever had. And it was only a few months ago that I vowed to stop buying rubbish CDs and only get Verbatim Pastel, they were well worth the extra 4-5p per disc.

Would anyone else be interested in picketing Verbatim Europe’s headquarters? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Ibex;2182550]
Would anyone else be interested in picketing Verbatim Europe’s headquarters? :p[/QUOTE]

Count me in, why not. :bigsmile:

Well start buying real TY (That’s) CD-Rs…
Hmm maybe i really should open a export service for Thats Branded Discs (joke)…

[QUOTE=koba;2182563]Well start buying real TY (That’s) CD-Rs…
[/QUOTE]

Slight problem you can’t buy them in Europe (only in Greece). You can only buy bulk 100pc instead which cost more than double the price of Verbatims.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2182561]Count me in, why not. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I predict a riot at Verbatim Head Office, Prestige House, 23-26 High Street,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 9DU sometime in the new year. :bigsmile:

That’s CD-R discs are available in the UK from dvdshoponline.co.uk in packs of 20 slim jewel cases for ~20p per disc. They must have contacts in Greece. I have not tried any yet.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2182567]I predict a riot at Verbatim Head Office, Prestige House, 23-26 High Street,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 9DU sometime in the new year. :bigsmile:

That’s CD-R discs are available in the UK from dvdshoponline.co.uk in packs of 20 slim jewel cases for ~20p per disc. They must have contacts in Greece. I have not tried any yet.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha :bigsmile:

Hehe, luckily I have a crapload of TY CDRs - unbranded silver shiny, unbranded printable (the printables are very good), Mediastar colour discs, Verbie Extra Protection and Pastel…I don’t even burn CDR much now so they should last me some time. :bigsmile:

'Bout time I arranged that trip to Denmark…:cool:[/quote] /me pets his 250+ Verbatim Pastels, 150 Plextor TYs and 50 Verbatim Extra Protection TYs, while trying to decide the exchange rate between FluffyHugs and Yudens… :smiley:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2182583]/me pets his 250+ Verbatim Pastels, 150 Plextor TYs and 50 Verbatim Extra Protection TYs, while trying to decide the exchange rate between FluffyHugs and Yudens… :D[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek:

The exchange rate is excellent, well worth it. :iagree:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2182571]Hahahaha :bigsmile:

Hehe, luckily I have a crapload of TY CDRs - unbranded silver shiny, unbranded printable (the printables are very good), Mediastar colour discs, Verbie Extra Protection and Pastel…I don’t even burn CDR much now so they should last me some time. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I have a pack of Plextor and a pack of unbranded Taiyo Yuden. The problem is that the Plextors consistently have a big C2 spike at about 60 minutes and 1 in 5 of the unbranded is completely useless. My 40 remaining Pastels won’t go very far. Back to Datalife+ AZO?

Superazo are ok but since made by MBI nothing special, most times not better than extra protections fom MBI or better CMC. No match for good Taiyos.

I used to use Datalife+ (including those made in India) for my master copies until I found a consistent source of Taiyo Yuden (namely Verbatim Pastel). While it is annoying that one disc can have a BLER average of 1.5 and the next 3.5, at the end of the day longevity is what’s important. I would rather put my faith in a Datalife+ with higher BLER average than a CMC with 1.5 (for now). :iagree: