The YouTube Video Thread!

vbimport
youtube
video

A rather odd technical problem with a microwave antenna… :bigsmile:

//youtu.be/cZkAP-CQlhA

Dom Deluise manic rant from the film. The End.
Brilliant.!!

//youtu.be/mitF1kpMbvg

[QUOTE=Seán;2783268]A rather odd technical problem with a microwave antenna… :bigsmile:

//youtu.be/cZkAP-CQlhA
[/QUOTE]

Seriously? FFS.Lol.:disagree:

Quite magnificent piece of CGI.
John Lewis Christmas TV ad, a tradition in the UK.

None of the animals in this ad are real, they are all CGI, including Buster the Boxer.

Someone had a lot of extra time on their hands:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2785620]Someone had a lot of extra time on their hands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9gs-5lRKc[/QUOTE] Fascinating! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dee;2783826]Quite magnificent piece of CGI.
John Lewis Christmas TV ad, a tradition in the UK.

None of the animals in this ad are real, they are all CGI, including Buster the Boxer.

Play the following video full screen and drag your mouse about the video. :slight_smile:

Then again, like how 3D requires glasses, this is something that is best suited for a VR headset.

For the true CD Freak back in the day, a 15-year old IBM laptop that could be configured with two internal optical drives. :cool:

Jump to 14:30:

//youtu.be/xyBBwHL3g9c

Jump to 13:30 to see it configured with two LS240 drives, which could read and write 3.5" 240MB magneto-optical discs (SuperDisk) in additional to traditional 3.5" floppy disks.

A new use for all those CD’s you’ve got stacked up around the house.

And Part 2 if you want to see the end result:

The most powerful laptop of 30 years ago (1987), a Toshiba T3200 for $5,799

Specifications:

• 12MHz 80286 CPU
  • 1MB RAM
  • 40MB HDD
  • 3.5" 720K floppy drive
  • EGA Graphics
  • Gas plasma display (4-shade monochrome)
  • Full size mechanical keyboard
  • Two ISA expansion slots

3MB RAM upgrade (for 4MB total): $1,699

1954 TV programme on how to dial a telephone number with a rotary phone. That was the time when they were in the process of migrating lines from operator based dialing to direct dialing.

This was also a time when lines were often shared, basically no more private than chatting in a shopping mall.

The dial tone was there to tell the user that the line is free, something we take for granted now.

Just for fun…

A 1998 video on web browser plug-ins - Seemed like every website required a different plug-in. :astonished:

Making Memory Chips – Process Steps

No idea that you could backup your data on VHS :smile:

^ My brother had one of those VHS-backup cards in the 1990’s. I think he only used it once to backup his PC’s 2GB hard disk. The backup had several corrupt files, not really surprising with VCR’s intermittently producing the occasional zig-zag artefacts.

For anyone wondering what happens if you put two Amazon Alexa’s in close proximity…
Gave me a giggles fit. :laughing:

Makes for a rather odd Turing test :biggrin:

One of the most beautiful car advertisement. This is way so cool. What do you guys think?

Got no space for a spa hot tub or gas barbecue?

Then this is the car for you . . . :wink:

This video brought back some memories, I was about to get this back in the day but i decided to go for the yamaha cd-rw 4x :slight_smile: