The Worst Reason For An RMA Of All-Time

vbimport

Seen on NewEgg:

“I RMA’d it because I wanted to get a BLUE activity LED to match my ANTEC 300 case. This drive has a nice green activity light. But the blue one on the Plextor drive Newegg sells is more fitting.”

:doh:

LOL! What an excuse! The color of the LED doesn’t matter! Mine are both green! :bigsmile:

It must be great if you have the time to sit and watch an activity LED all day long. :rolleyes:

In Ireland, there is a “Cooling-off” period where a consumer can return a product within 7 days of receipt of a purchased product, even without giving a reason (some info here). This can be extended to 3 months if the trader does not provide the required info, so it appears that a wrong colour LED would get away as an excuse to RMA here if an online shop did not provide this info.

However, this is definitely one of he most unusual RMA reasons I’ve heard of. I’ve as many LEDs (red, green, yellow and blue) from equipment on my PC desk that it looks like Christmas lights in the dark. :wink:

A computer I had a few years had an LED that was either red to indicate that the computer was on, or a slightly darker red to indicate it was off…

(though since it was a P4 it was pretty easy to hear if it was on or not (I’d never have bought a P4 myself - this was a 'puter I got when someone got rid of it))

[QUOTE=Dee;2485983]It must be great if you have the time to sit and watch an activity LED all day long. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile:

It is rather nice to have a blue led instead of green. My Yamaha F1 is a nice change to see it’s blue/violet led when i have a CD to burn.

[QUOTE=negritude;2485942]Seen on NewEgg:

“I RMA’d it because I wanted to get a BLUE activity LED to match my ANTEC 300 case. This drive has a nice green activity light. But the blue one on the Plextor drive Newegg sells is more fitting.”

:doh:[/QUOTE]

LOOOOOOOOL! That’s so bad, it’s good. You gotta admire the guy’s (or girl’s) nerve. :bigsmile:

You’ve got to be kidding me . . .

I bought a K-World Clear QAM tuner for my bedroom TV and the blue LED on it was so bright I couldn’t sleep. Simple fix: some cardboard and a bit of masking tape. Now it’s just a night light.

Like olyteddy my Artec digital converter boxes have a blue LED so bright it is distractin & way to bright for nighttime veiwing in the bedroom.I put maskung tape over the led & it is still plenty bright.
I assumed that olyteddy put a small hole in the cardboard & masking taped that over the LED.

I assumed that olyteddy put a small hole in the cardboard & masking taped that over the LED.

No hole. It’s [B]THAT BRIGHT![/B]

I was at Sears and a guy was returning a Magnetic Mechanics Light that he had purchased for $29.99 saying he just didn’t like it, the packaging was all torn up. I was standing behind him and when he was done, I offered the manager $5.00 dollars for it, the manager accepted the offer and the other guy was infuriated. I still have that light, it’s been 3 years later!!

[QUOTE=Zathros;2486095]I was at Sears and a guy was returning a Magnetic Mechanics Light that he had purchased for $29.99 saying he just didn’t like it, the packaging was all torn up. I was standing behind him and when he was done, I offered the manager $5.00 dollars for it, the manager accepted the offer and the other guy was infuriated. I still have that light, it’s been 3 years later!![/QUOTE]

LOL! Sweet :bigsmile:

Cudos to Zathros for getting a bargain.
Overall I’ve had good luck warrantying tools at Sears.
The only time I ever had to “twist” the clerks arm was when I wanted to return a tool box the weld on the bottom had broken on.
He said they didn’t warranty toolboxes.I told him this was a Craftsman tool & the lifetime warranty applied.He then offered me a 50% warranty.I told him either it was warrantied or it wasn’t.I walked out with a new toolbox.100% warrantied.

My Stacker full tower has those darned Blue LED’s that are so bright it’s like a flashlight bulb.
I have all colors of LED’S in here as well though mostly green. My LG multi GGW H20L has a blue activity light and I really miss the red/green lights like the BenQ 1620 burners had depending on whether it was burning, buffer under run, or reading.
I have considered changing out the LED’s in my case becuase they are so bright and I was used to the colors normal PC boxes used forever, green for power and yellow for HDD activity.