The World Is Not Enough Error

vbimport

Hello!

I’m trying to backup my DVD, “The World Is Not Enough”.

I am using verison DVDFab Gold 3.0.7.2.

I get the following error message when I try to backup the “Full Disc”:
01:20:36: Analyzing of DVD started
01:20:36: Task_1 failed! Error=400(39 3 0 1 0 1 0 0)
01:20:37: Process failed!

I had been using version DVDFabGold3.0.3.5 with success for a couple of months.

The firmware for my drive is up top date.

I have cleaned the disk and it play fine with no choppiness or skipping so it seems to be a clean CD.

Also, if I backup just the “Main Movie” I do not get any error messages so far. (it’s in the middle of the backup right now).

Any idea what is causing this?

Error 400 is a transcoder error, the “39” has been variously attributed to: copy protection problem, bad disc, old firmware, driver conflicts. When Fengato, the program author, responded to a post with this error, his response was what he usually requests for copy protection issues: here is a link to that post. I would follow the advice given by him there. You may get a reply in this thread, a PM, or no reply at all, just a fix in the next beta.:slight_smile: Post back if the Main Movie backup works. If it does, it most likely indicates either a bad spot on the original or a copy protection issue. A protection problem on a disc this old would surprise me, but as I recall, “Die Another Day” had a very unusual disc structure on the original. I don’t have “The World Is Not Enough”. All the ones and zeroes after the 39 are not typical of this error. :confused:

Error 39 per MS is corrupted driver:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Mack

The “Main Movie” backup did work.

I zipped the IFO files and sent them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The only problem with this is that the Microsoft explanation of this error indicates that the Device Manager should show a problem with the driver status. I have no status errors from Device Manager for this drive. I also tried the other drive in my system and got the same error message. I don’t receive this 400 - 39 error with any other disks that I have used, so I really don’t think there is a problem with the drive, driver or firmware as all are up to date and function without error for all other disks.

Glad you got your backup.:slight_smile: Fengtao will fix it.:clap: