The use of source:

Hi i’ve got dvdfab 6.040

i select a source using the folder icon.
This went fine … but when i wanted to select, after the burning has finished, a new Video_TS folder… nothing happends.
I wont refresh itself to the new choosen folder.

All remains is exit and restart dvdfab… and select the folder.
Then, all went fine.

Does anyone recognize this? and how can i solve it??

thanks in advange

Raging priest

[QUOTE=raging priest;2414583]Hi i’ve got dvdfab 6.040

i select a source using the folder icon.
This went fine … but when i wanted to select, after the burning has finished, a new Video_TS folder… nothing happends.
I wont refresh itself to the new choosen folder.

All remains is exit and restart dvdfab… and select the folder.
Then, all went fine.

Does anyone recognize this? and how can i solve it??

thanks in advange

Raging priest[/QUOTE]

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying you selected a folder as the source of the information for this particular burn. (I am assuming that you used Write Data mode to actually do the burn…).

At the successful completion of this burn, I am also assuming you clicked OK on the successful burn box, and clicked finish at the bottom of Fab before you tried to select a new folder to burn.

At this point, nothing happened…your new selection was not shown in the Source box at the top…correct?

The problem may be the fact that the VSO burn engine is failing to totally pass control back to Fab after the burn.

There is a post here on this first page of the forum from Lapinou, of VSO software, about a new version of the burn engine for DVDFab. Please download the new version, and replace the one you have with this (vso_hwe.dll, in the main Fab folder) and please try it and let us know if it works.

OC

:slight_smile:

Hi OC,

Thanks for you quick reply.
yes indeed it’s like you described.
i tried your methode and replaced the file.
sadly it didn’t work.
BTW my operating system is vista ultimate 64bits.

after closing dvdfab completly and restarting it… it does it job.
till i want to burn another file. then i have to repeat the procedure as just ascribed.
It’s nothing to overcome with… just a bit unhandy.
perhaps when i have windows 7 installed in oct. things will be better.
unless you have more tricks in you sleeve -:wink:

Raging Priest

[QUOTE=raging priest;2414860]Hi OC,

Thanks for you quick reply.
yes indeed it’s like you described.
i tried your methode and replaced the file.
sadly it didn’t work.
BTW my operating system is vista ultimate 64bits.

after closing dvdfab completly and restarting it… it does it job.
till i want to burn another file. then i have to repeat the procedure as just ascribed.
It’s nothing to overcome with… just a bit unhandy.
perhaps when i have windows 7 installed in oct. things will be better.
unless you have more tricks in you sleeve -:wink:

Raging Priest[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, not too many more…I’m using XP Pro until Windoz 7 is available (have absolutely no use for Vista at all, in any way, shape or form) - from what I’ve been reading, Win 7 looks like a pretty good O/S - will wait until its release, see if people are still saying the same things, and then go from there.

Afraid I have no more quick-cures for your particular problem…you may be stuck with the shut-and-restart method for a couple of months…or maybe someone with a better solution than me will step in and post here…

OC

:slight_smile:

HI raging priest
I too run Vista Ultimate and have never had the issue your having, course I don’t have the 64 bit system.
The VSO dll that you downloaded is a beta that was written for Windows 7 because of the “Driver Policy” that Windows 7 enforces so not sure that is your problem.
I don’t know about you but myself I have made changes in "Administrative Tools-> “[B]Services[/B]”, if you have made any changes maybe the issue is within services :confused:
There is a service called “Application Information” among others which effects “Administrator Privileges”, course like I said not sure if your into making modifications to the system :confused: