The unreadable last sector

Hi all!

the last unreadable sector (RED BLOCK), when checking with NERO CDspeed surface check, a CD burned with (whatever version of) NERO drives me crazy!

Why This??? any body knows or is this a mystery??
Well, the CD works perfectly but the RED BLOCK is there and stays forever…

I tried with other Recording software like Diskjuggler and there is no RED BLOCK at the end!

I like Nero but this gives me bad feeling!

Please give me your findigs / experience about this.

If it’s a protected game title CD backup, then it’s a mode 2 sector within a mode 1 track. Any RAW reader/writer handles it just fine :slight_smile:

Yes, DiscJuggler is good, isn’t it?

You may also be burning in TAO, which always leaves the sector at the end.

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]If it’s a protected game title CD backup, then it’s a mode 2 sector within a mode 1 track. Any RAW reader/writer handles it just fine :slight_smile:

Yes, DiscJuggler is good, isn’t it? [/B]

Well this happens also with normal data storage en whever the size of the data.

Diskjuggler: Yeah I liked it and was close to delete Nero from my disk but then burning a CD with 700M I saw the “colored size bar” indicating way over 1G so I sayed to my self hm… this a bit buggy and burnd with Nero without problem but the last bad block of course still there.

I’m going to try Easy CD …

Originally posted by rdgrimes
You may also be burning in TAO, which always leaves the sector at the end.

Yesss I’m burnig in TAO mode! Diskjuggler to and no bad block!!!
I’ll try with Easy CD. Let’s see wat this one does.

By the way I would like to find ONE burning software and stay with it but till now no one is really satisfactory to me.

If you’re burning in TAO, the bad block at the end is completely normal and should be ignored.

If you’re burning in TAO, the bad block at the end is completely normal and should be ignored.

Thank you!
I think I understood the think now, I tried with Easy CD and in TAO mode it also made a RED sector, in DAO mode it didn’t!

I’ll try next burning with NERO and DAO mode just to be sure.

Now a new question: What is THE criteria to select TAO or DAO?
I should probably search the forum for this…

Thank YOU anyway for this clarification!

DAO should be used for everything except when you want to leave the disc open, as in multisession or audio.

DAO should be used for everything except when you want to leave the disc open, as in multisession or audio.

Thank you rdg. It’s clear now.