The trial period is over. The activation is necessary

Hi,

I have this problem on two machines with a personal licence.

Info panel shows “personal Edition - Activated retail version IK:…” and the serial displayed is a valid personal licence for each machine.

but in velossd control center panel, pressing the “add velossd 2012” button results in a “The trial period is over. The activation is necessary.” window popping up.

I have this problem for months, EliteBytes people do reset my serial and I reinstall but this message allways reappears and I cannot use the software.

I don’t know why only me (but other people reporter similar issues with the trial period system here) and I don’t care, I just want a solution for me.

I have seen a new version is underway so I kindly ask, was this “trial period problem” adressed ?

I offered a teamviewer session open 24h/24 on my machine but they didn’t want to go and see, they say they don’t do this. ( I work as a devellopper and we use citrix gotoassist to provide support for our customers every day, that’s even why such programs exists)

resetting serial is not a solution. I want a true solution where serials are correctly handled by the software.

Again my question is, will this wrong “The trial period is over. The activation is necessary.” message be fixed in next release ?

Thanks

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2704478]EliteBytes is pleased to announce this free update of VeloSSD.

Version 2.1.0.3 is a compatibility update.

[B]Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 compatibility.:D[/B]

http://downloads.velossd.com/VeloSSDSetup.exe[/QUOTE]

Hi EliteBytes,

When I launch the setup it says “please deinstall velossd2012 before executing setup”, so I guess the serial will have to be reset if I do this ?

Thanks

Confirmed, new activation is necessary

but now info panel now says “trial edition trial version” for my personnal V5USQ-… key where the previous version correctly said “personnal edition”

and “The activation was not successfull.
Error eb010003Installation Key:Ddeleted by alan1476
Activation Key:Error:Trial Key no Activation.” when I try to activate.

and add cache button still says “The trial period is over. The activation is necessary.”

protection system is a complete mess. The cache software is good I could test it for some days during trial but The protection system should be rewritten completely. preventing a legitimate user to use the product is something I have never seen before. Maximum protection for sure. But only usable during trial period and not with a true licence ??? This can’t be a good policy. I think I will cry now, last thing to do when you reach this point.

Installing the software requires deinstall of the previous version and activation of the new installed software.

On the same OS installation no key reset is necessary.
Activation will just work.

If you for instance install on a new 8.1 installation a key reset will be necessary.

Please contact support@elitebytes.com with your username or installation key then and they will support you.

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2707221]Installing the software requires deinstall of the previous version and activation of the new installed software.

Activation will just work.

If you for instance install on a new 8.1 installation a key reset will be necessary.

Please contact support@elitebytes.com with your username or installation key then and they will support you.[/QUOTE]

Hello Elitebytes,

I have 2 machines with 2 velossd personal licences.
The OS is the same on both machines, nothing changed.
Already mailed support weeks ago, in September, Bodo is very cool but all he can do is reset the key which is not enough.

he says Hello Chris,
your key was reset.
If you have trouble, try this:
Deinstall SW,
Install SW,
Activate
=will work.

but it wont because after activation the “add” cache button says “The trial period is over. The activation is necessary.” even when activation went ok and I activated a personal key !

See my thread here http://club.myce.com/f180/trial-period-over-activation-necessary-334162/ and last screenshot above.

support has no idea what goes on :sad: but the result is I cannot use the software at all.

Why does the add cache button check protection of my correctly activated key and tell me it’s a trial key ??? only someone that worked on this protection system can understand what happens here, not a simple support guy (even if he is very cool)

I have sent the screenshots above to support also, like you they did not understand them.

Hello,

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2707221]Installing the software requires deinstall of the previous version and activation of the new installed software.

Activation will just work. [/QUOTE]
I am sorry, but i have to disagree EliteBytes pronouncement.

I have deinstalled 2.1.0.2 and installed 2.1.0.3 on the same machine.
Activation is necessary, but impossible. “Error: Trial Key no Activation”.

So i share wchris’ bad experience.

jgrob

Cherry on the cake, if you loose the cache file on the ssd in the process, you’ll not be able to recreate one after serial reset and successfull reactivation, “add velossd” button will keep telling you that you have an expired trial key. At least it’s what happens to me on 2 machines.

Sorry to hope that you’ll run into the same problems, but I’m feeling lonely since September with this issue and 2 voices are stronger than one.

[QUOTE=wchris;2707233]Cherry on the cake, if you loose the cache file on the ssd in the process, you’ll not be able to recreate one after serial reset and successfull reactivation, “add velossd” button will keep telling you that you have an expired trial key. At least it’s what happens to me on 2 machines. [/QUOTE]

problem apparently fixed with 2.1.0.3, After key reset I could I succesfully activate the software and create the cache. Everything is working great sofar. Hurray! hoorah! yippee !!!

I have the same error in your version 2.1.0.7, I also have Personal Edition. How can I fix it?