The thing

has any one made a back up of (the thing)

if so what was the settings???

i tried clony xxl it came up with no protection found used recomended settings result coster

made with light on burner 40 12 48 using clone cd

if you got a working copy what was settings used:(

chears

philamber has posted about this game title and we have a very good search function which may yield results. It has the very latest SecuROM. Depeding on your reader you can use the default Game CD profile or the Custom Profiles of Lite-On SecuRom [NEW].ccp or SecuRom.ccp

I managed to backup “The Thing” without any trouble whatsoever.

I used the securom CloneCD profile downloaded from cdfreaks (use search function to find it). I read at 8x and wrote at 8x (this is all I changed with the profile, the reason I did this is because when I have backed up other securom protected games at higher speeds I get coasters).

I have a Ricoh MP7200A-DP with firmware v1.3. The game plays in my Pioneer DVD-rom without the need for “hide cdr media” and plays in the writer with “hide cd media” turned on.

Spunky

if i had known the protection was SECUROM NEW i would have known what settings to use

maybe someone will get a chance to update clony xxl so it can read securom new and that would sort problem or is there a better cd protection detection that i should use???

chears

Originally posted by bigal13
if i had known the protection was SECUROM NEW i would have known what settings to use
Since you have a Liteon 40x, the Default GameCD Profile would have cracked it…