The Slug Race: a couple of USB stick speed tests

vbimport

A friend bought a couple of flash memories, and I made a quick test :slight_smile:

SanDisk micro SDHC 32 GB class 4 and Verbatim PinStripe 32 GB

That left result is most unusual I’ve seen for a memory card. I.e. the 4K write results are the highest I’ve seen for any memory card, but the 512K write figure seems unusually low. I’ve also never seen a case where the 512K write figure was lower than the 4K figures, let alone by double! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Seán;2636292]That left result is most unusual I’ve seen for a memory card. I.e. the 4K write results are the highest I’ve seen for any memory card, but the 512K write figure seems unusually low. I’ve also never seen a case where the 512K write figure was lower than the 4K figures, let alone by double! :)[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what is happening to my computer :doh:

After a SATA port failing I’m getting errors also when burning. I wonder if these strange results are due to a failing mainboard :doh:

Maxell Venture USB 4 GB

7DayShop own-brand 64GB USB3 “Twist” type USB flash drive:

Interesting to see this support threaded transfers, i.e. where the 4K QD32 read figures are significantly higher. Very impressive 512K and 4K figures compared to many other “super fast” flash drives, especially considering this is a generic store brand pen drive.

Bought a Sandisk Extreme 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive some Weeks ago.
Rated speeds: 190MB/s read, 170MB/s Write.
Limited by my USB 3.0 Controller Card (PCI Express 1.1 x1)

That’s sure one fast flash drive ! :eek:

When copying to/from the flash drive in USB3 mode, a HDD will be the bottleneck. :iagree:

I inherited a bunch of memory sticks when my step-dad passed on, so I thought I’d benchmark them and see what they’re like. :slight_smile:

This first one is a bit odd, it’s a 4GB stick which says “serena I-138/4GB” on it.

EDIT: Wow, VelleX, that is fast :eek:

Hmmm, my Sandisk Class 10 SD card was already fast, now the stick from Vellex is very fast too, is Sandisk doing something very right? :wink:

Well, thats not even as fast as possible, because my Controller Card/PCI Express Connection is limiting the speed.
This is a Benchmark from Amazon User

Wow Vellex, that’s almost twice as fast. They must be doing something right :wink: Have you ever seen a faster one? Would be nice to compile a top 3, 5 or top 10!

Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0
Rated Speeds: 225MB/s read / 135MB/s write

But Random 4K speed is not that good.

Benchmarks from Amazon Users:

It’s also much slower on the 512 write, the Sandisk does 23.41 MB/s where Kingston does only 1.14 :s

But 234 MB/s read is pretty nice :smiley:

I am posting this simply to check the speed tests (attachments).
Hopefully and after seeing them, I can also contribute with some tests.

Dane-Elec zMate Jelly 8GB

Good to see your post pjmatos, it seems it worked, can’t wait for more benchmarks, hopefully we’ll be able to create a top 10 of fastest drives soon!

what about HP ??

Kingston DataTraveler GE9 16 GB

TDK TF10 USB 2.0 16 GB

Expert USB 2.0 8 GB