Fast Error Skip ON
Subchannel data ON
Speed 8x

Write:
LiteOn 24103S —> 32123S
No AWS
Max Speed

thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

Does this mean that Safedisc 2.8 might use Subchannel Info as part of their protection?

will give it a try and let you know what happens when I try using my litey and asus with ccd 4.0.1.10. Interesting if sub channel is now the reason for sdv2.8 not working with normal settings?
let you know!

It also works :
CloneCD 4.0.1.10

Read:
LiteOn 163D GHR3
Fast Error Skip ON
Subchannel data OFF
Speed MAX

Write:
LiteOn 24103S —> 32123S
No AWS
Max Speed

Originally posted by logicwatch
Interesting if sub channel is now the reason for sdv2.8 not working with normal settings?

Not possible since discdump wouldn’t work if subs formed any part of the protection.

Isn’t Discdump capable of the copyable Securom?

No it can’t. Not even original securom. Discdump’s securom mode was only in an experimental stage when XiT ceased development of the program. What discdump does in that mode is extract an image with subs in a raw+16 byte format. Unfortunately, however, because the format isn’t standard (i.e. a 2368 iso), there isn’t any program that I know of that can burn the image.

This works ok:

CloneCD 4.0.1.10

Read:

Samsung SC-148C
Fast Error Skip ON
Subchannel data OFF
Regenerate Data OFF
Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner OFF
Read Audio: Max
Audio Quality: Medium (Fast)
Speed 1x- i put it on max but it found extra errors!
W 12:37:59 AM Failed to read Sector 10038
W 12:38:29 AM Failed to read Sector 24386
W 12:38:56 AM Failed to read Sector 34589
W 12:39:39 AM Failed to read Sector 55990
W 12:40:06 AM Failed to read Sector 67011

Write:

IOMEGA CDRW6402EXT-B USB 16x10x40
No AWS
Max Speed

One odd thing, you autorun it and click on play
go to resolution and click it and it asks if you
want to download/run file, the same window
that appears when you download a file in
Internet Explorer 6. If you take the shortcut
in the start menu, desktop, etc. it works fine!

I have a TDK 48x16x48 same as a lite-on. I tried to copy Sims Unleashed with clonecd and failed several times. I use the ddump method and came up with a perfect copy, I also found that the easiest way for me to make a perfect copy was to use CDMATE and the default settings for safedisc 2.

Ignore the Clone CD settings I put above, they dont work now for some reason, if i use DDump, what should I use to burn it with and the settings for the program. I have Fireburner.

Just use Fireburner to copy the image, with DOA96.

Dao16 will also work. For complete instructions in the use of discdump and fireburner for safedisc backups see here .