The Sims - Unleashed - Nada

The title in question uses SafeDisc 2 (v2.80.010), everything I’ve tried has failed to produce a 1:1 copy with a Plex 24/10/40A.

I’m interested in feedback from people, if any, that have made a successful 1:1 copy using a Plex 24/10/40A burner.

If, you have made a successful 1:1 copy of this title, with the aforementioned burner, please post the details, such as, software and exact settings used, etc.

Thank you.

will post with pics for ya!!!
:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Make sure and use the ZooooM lense tho! :smiley: :bigsmile:

hey i have found this out…the game will run from my afreey 56x but not from my lg 24x cdrom that i got with my hp in '97

now i am in a new dilema
will try to post the clone and blindwrite settings i used to make successful copies…and you said that it will not play from any cd writer correct!!!

and how do i make you a buddy…would like to stay in touch with ya …with upcoming protections that we can test out

Correct, it won’t play from any writer nor reader, the key words are “won’t play”, period :frowning:

Sure, staying in touch would be cool, I suggest, for now we make use of the forum’s “buddy” and “private message” features. If, we find a need later for more direct communication, I’m sure we can arrange that, as well.

BiNGO! Another SafeDisc Version Bites The Dust With Plex :bigsmile:

For any Plex owner that has had problems making a 1:1 of SD v2.80.010+ (i.e. Sims Unleashed, etc) FYI, Plex 24/10/40 and 40/12/40 CAN do SD 2.80.010.

First, I tried with the following with NO positive results:

Alcohol120% (v1.31.823)
Blindwrite (v4.0.6.56/v4.0.6.45)
BurnAtOnce (v0.91 Beta)
CDMate (v2.2.8.1)
CDRWin (v3.9B)
CloneCD (v3.3.4.1 and v4.0.1.10)
Nero (v5.5.9.9 AND v5.5.9.14)
DiscJuggler (v4.01.1002)
FantomCD (v1.21.1860)

I used images produced by each program and images produced by DiscDump (v1.10), as well as, images produced by one program used with another to burn it, etc, etc, etc. They ALL failed each and every time.

The only winning combination I was able to find was making an image with DiscDump and writing the image with FireBurner (v2.17), this produced an image that was able to play in every one of my readers and burners, furthermore, it was able to play in the burner using the CCD and Alcohol120% “Hide CD Media” so obviously this would indicate there is NO blacklisting of the said CCD function, at least, not on this SafeDisc version/title.

The Plexes were all using the latest firmware.

The DiscDump settings were as follows:
-Read speed x4 to x10
-Standard and SafeDisc mode both worked fine.

The FireBurner settings were as follows:
-Write speed x4 to x10 (I worked with rewritables so the speed was limited)
-Mode Disc-at-Once
-close cd
-eject when finished
-enable burn proof

Note, if you choose autocorrect or not it won’t make a difference in this scenerio, you will also probably get an error when near completion, something to the effect of "Sense Error: ILLEGAL_REQUEST (INVALID FIELD IN COMMAND PACKET) (0x05 0x24 0x00), you can disregard this error, I made several copies for testing purposes and ran comparison checks on each and every copy was identical to the original and played perfectly.

I don’t believe I have forgotten anything crucial, trust this helps.

I will continue testing and post if anymore working combinations are found.

Next stop, SecuRom, I got UT2003 in the test tube lined up, wish me luck!!!

he is the *uckin man!!!

will post my results!!!

its not hardware that is screwing up i think it is software

here are my settings i used!!!

http://wakemonkeypimp.50megs.com/cg...rner_plex24.jpg

game works in:

8x plexwriter w/ “h.c.m”------success

24x plexwriter w/out “h.c.m”------success

56x cdrom “afreey”--------success

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
[B]here are my settings i used!!!

http://wakemonkeypimp.50megs.com/cg...rner_plex24.jpg
[/B]

Got a 404 on the link you posted. Glad you got it to work though. :slight_smile:

this should work…

It’s ok. One of the links on one of your other 3 posts (guess you were excited and wanted to make sure everyone knew :wink: ) worked anyway.

Btw, have you tried reading at max instead of 10x? Read speed makes no difference with my Litey roms but, of course, your plex is a different beast altogether.

no i have not…will make an attempt on the next 2.80.010 version i come accross

Can you confirm this with cd-r instead of burning it on cd-rw?

Hi Everyone,

I have an W8432T, firmware 1.09 (yes I need a new burner!) and I can’t backup Unleashed using the methods that worked for wakemonkeypimp and noyb 1.

Using CloneyXXL and CloneCD 4.0.1.3 I can make a copy that will install but can’t be used when playing the game (please insert correct disk)

When using DiskDump 1.10 and Fireburner 2.1.7 and the settings used by the previous posters - I get a disk that can’t be read at all in 3 different cd readers I tried.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if I am just SOL and need to get a newer burner !!!

tia

tb

i suggest on getting a new burner…i have a 8/4/32A plextor but it will not make a 1:1 backup of any SD2 games…that is why i have the 24/10/40A which has correct efm encoding which is essential on making 1:1 backups of SD2…get the 40x plextor and your dreams of making backups will be created!!!

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
i have the 24/10/40A which has correct efm encoding which is essential on making 1:1 backups of SD2
Actually your drive does not fully support the EFM thing and cannot do SafeDisc v2.51.021 and above without CloneCD’s ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ (or similar options found in different software packages) option. Your drive is a ‘one-sheep’ (see here) writer. When AWS is enabled you should be able to make a fully working back-up. With SafeDisc v2.80.010 as found on The Sime Unleashed you should read this thread for more information.

try the latest cdmate i have made perfect copies of unleashed with the default sd2 settings!

Thanks for the replies - I was afraid of the “get a new burner” anwer - but wasn’t surprised.

Using AWS doesn’t make a difference for me . . . . so sad

breezy - was your backup made with an 8432 ?

tb

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Actually your drive does not fully support the EFM thing and cannot do SafeDisc v2.51.021 and above without CloneCD’s ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ (or similar options found in different software packages) option. Your drive is a ‘one-sheep’ (see here) writer. When AWS is enabled you should be able to make a fully working back-up. With SafeDisc v2.80.010 as found on The Sime Unleashed you should read this thread for more information.

I think he means he has one of the rare 24/10/40 plexies wich do seem to have correct EFM encodeing. Suprisingly this isnt some myth they do exist but are very hard to find. :slight_smile:

I think Next week or in two weeks Alcohol 120% new version will view the light. Today the notice is that Alcohol 120% last Betta can make successful bakup of SD2.8x!!!

I’m wishing to have a sd2.8x game to try :¬)_