The sims hot date

i was wondering if it is possible to make a backup of the sims hotdate that you can install with. the back up i made with clony settings won’t install but will run the game with hide cdr media
checked in clonecd after i installed with the original. my read and write drive is a plex 24/10/40a with firmware 1.03. thanks for any help.

oops i noticed that this subject has been covered in an earlier thread but it did’nt say if you could install from the backup disc ,if so please run through settings again. thanks

here
Read
Speed 4X
FES on
FES settings:
error correction software
read retries 3
all other off

To Write
Speed MAX
AWS off
don’t close last session on
buffer underun protection on
dont repair sub… off
good luck

thanks oaky_88 , i’ll give it a try…

i was wondering if it is possible to make a backup of the sims hotdate that you can install with
Yes, of course. You most likely have a bad copy because the uncorrectable errors lay in the installer/installation files which are not used during game play; remember this, as it is not an infrequent quirk, pointing to a bad copy.

Often RAM gets blamed instead on a poor copy. Think of all the times you’ve seen/heard about strange crashes during a game…“it’s the power supply!”…“it’s the RAM!”… 10% of the time it’s a poor copy.