The sims hot date

what pretection does it have??
i’m getting it and i want to back it up
any help would be appreciated

I think you can be 99.9% sure it’ll have SafeDisc 2.
All (new) games by EA have this protection…

Yeah, I think the game is SD2 protected. Sims House Party may also be protected by the same protection.

Originally posted by Pirate80
Yeah, I think the game is SD2 protected. Sims House Party may also be protected by the same protection.
The Sims House Party is indeed SafeDisc 2 (I have it here).

thanx

This might be a better post for CloneCD or the Games section but since the Hot Date topic started here…

I have a copy of The Sims Hot Date and tried to back it up. I’m using CloneCD Version 3.2.3.1. My config:

Reader: Toshiba SD-M1502
Writer: Plextor PX-W1210TA firmware 1.07, TLA #0307

I used the CloneCD preset defaults for copy protected cd’s. I was figuring that I would not be able to read this cd in any other drive other than my plextor but I am not even able to read it in my plextor. :frowning:

Anyone else pull off a copy on this cd?

Forgot to mention: I am in the US and, by default, the “Amplify weak sectors” option is disabled in US and Japan. When I changed the region settings on my computer to UK, “Amplify weak sectors” was NOT disabled. It did not appear greyed out as long as I had my computer set with UK region settings. I attempted to burn Hot Date with UK region on. Should “Amplify weak sectors” allow me to be able to read a copied SafeDisc v2 disc in my Toshiba reader?

Thanks,
Stry

Originally posted by stry
Should “Amplify weak sectors” allow me to be able to read a copied SafeDisc v2 disc in my Toshiba reader?
Exactly right… For more info on the new AWS option in CloneCD read this. The Plextor PX-W1210A has been reported to work very well with the new AWS…

Hrmm… I think I may have found a couple things that could have been my problem with burning hot date. As I stated before, I have a plex 121032 and a toshiba sd-m1502. I tested my aspi and found an outdated version. I upgraded to ver 6 although cloneCD says it doesn’t need to use ASPI (maybe I’m imagining that but I seem to remember reading that somewhere). I upgraded just in case.

Secondly, I found this statement:

Warning some toshiba drives have problems with backups of SD2 protected cds. Please don’t use a tosh for testing and image creation until the Problem is solved. (at the bottom of the page, follow the English link).

Interesting. Toshiba drives don’t even appear on the list so I’ve got no idea if the sd-m1502 is one of the problem Toshiba drives or not.

I will try and re-burn using only my Plex as the reader and the writer. I’m going to change the amplifyweak entry in my registry to avoind having to use different region settings. I’ll give this another shot.

Stry

Adaptec ASPI is up to 4.60 (1021 is a late version).
Toshiba DVD-ROMs are having a hard time with AWS SD2 backups. The Toshi chip has always been a little ‘different’ which is what makes it a great reader. Olli will sort something out - sooner rather than later I think.

FutureProof, that’s exactly what my problem was. When I used my Plex as both reader and writer for the burn, I got a good copy of Sims Hot Date that works in my Toshiba! Yay!! Problem solved.

Stry