The Sims & Expansions

vbimport

So far I have copied Red Alert II and AOE2: The Conquerors using clonecd 3.0.8.2 by using RAW-DAO with a liteon 24x/10x/40x rewriter. The above games use Safedisk copy protection but the Sims expansions (house party, livin large, hot date) appear as if it uses safedisk but it screws up (by thinking theres no cd in the drive when i try to run the game) when i do them exactly the same way as i did with the other games. Is there anything im doing wrong, or do I just need a newer version of clonecd?

I would recommend you using the latest CloneCD version and when playing from the writer to enable ‘Hide CDR Media’ in the CloneCD tray. The Lite-On should be able to copy these games just fine.

Correct me if im wrong, but apparently, the sims expansions and red alert 2 both use safedisk v2. I copied RA2 easily using clonecd 3.0.8.2 (which doesn’t have amplify weak sectors and hide cdr media capabilities) with my litey but the sims ex packs was another problem, forcing me to download the clonecd 4 beta9 version, which did. If red alert 2 was copyable without using the hide cdr media option on the clonecd tray, is there any way possible in which i can have a backup of the sims that doesnt require hide cdr media, after all, it should be a complete 1:1 copy of the original cd. (At first i thought i burnt a whole heap of coasters but then i enabled the hide cd media option and they worked)

Hello,

I am using Lite-ON 32123S Hardware on Firmware XSOR and
CloneCD 4.0.0.0 beta 9

I successfully copied Original the SIMs CD by just using ‘Game’
option in CloneCD 4.0.0.0…

The Sims — copied
The Sims Livin’ Large Expansion Pack — copied
The Sims House Party Expansion Pack — copied
The Sims Hot Date Expansion Pack — copied (SD2!!!)
THe Sims Vacation Expansion Pack — currently working on it :slight_smile:

I made a couple of coasters while copying ‘Hot Date’ because
it requires 80min CDR media, and my CD-RW is only 74min :frowning:
But when I used the latest CloneCD 4, I successfully copied it!

For ‘Vacation’, currently I made 1 coaster using CloneCD 4…
In a few minutes, I might be making another coaster or a working
copy! Now I am using blind-write…

B.R.
X-Shadow

Originally posted by dj_is_da_man
Correct me if im wrong, but apparently, the sims expansions and red alert 2 both use safedisk v2. I copied RA2 easily using clonecd 3.0.8.2 (which doesn’t have amplify weak sectors and hide cdr media capabilities) with my litey but the sims ex packs was another problem, forcing me to download the clonecd 4 beta9 version, which did. If red alert 2 was copyable without using the hide cdr media option on the clonecd tray, is there any way possible in which i can have a backup of the sims that doesnt require hide cdr media, after all, it should be a complete 1:1 copy of the original cd. (At first i thought i burnt a whole heap of coasters but then i enabled the hide cd media option and they worked)
There NO way around the ATIP-protection. Read the links in my signature and you’ll know why. This is not CloneCD’s fault btw, no program can block the ATIP protection. The easiest solution is to play from a device that cannot read ATIP (so a normal CD-ROM or DVD player, but NOT a writer)

hello X-Shadow

im using clonecd4.1 and iomega 8x4x32 650

i have the sims expansion and want to copy it. i read ur post and u sucessfully burned it. Could u please help me step by step to burn sims livin large cd. Also would iomega be able to burn that cd.

I am using:

Lite-on 32123s as reader and writer.
CloneCD 4.00.01 (latest version)
Select SD2 setting for reading and writing

You’ll be able to copy

The Sims
Expansion Livin’ Large (Hide CDR Media)
Expansion House Party (Hide CDR Media)
Expansion Hot Date (Hide CDR Media)
Expansion Vacation (Hide CDR Media)

Best Regards,
X-Shadow

Hi guys i copied the sims livin large cd. I used the settings for safedisc setting because that what clony said. So i burn it and took 2 hours to finish succecfully. When i put the sims expansion livin large cd it install the game. When i was starting the game it told me to put the cd in and the cd was in. I enabled hide cdr and ampilfy weak sectors. I used a cd rom to play the game not a cd rw. I dont understand i followed all the rules what happen

Hey guys when i put the copy of livin large cd in the cd rom it says “Please insert the proper cd” how do u overpass that.

when i use clony2.006 they said the sims expansion livin large uses safedisc. Could i use this settiing. If it’s safedisc can i use daemon toolz to crack it. Because some how when i inserte the copied sims livin large in the cd rom it say please insert the proper cd. Whats all that about. i need help and u guys r the pro.

You have already posted here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43526 about this issue. I get lost when you spread the same question out a bit. You need to read the links in my signature - post again.

Im very sorry all the trouble i did. i shouldn’t of repost this same qustion in a another thread sorry guys. This all i want to know about this please help me. Please ignore the other thread. I copied the sims livin large cd. I used the settings for safedisc setting because that what clony said. So i burn it and took 2 hours to finish succecfully. When i put the sims expansion livin large cd it install the game. When i was starting the game it told me to “please insert the proper cd” how do u overpass it. I enabled hide cdr and ampilfy weak sectors. I used a cd rom to play the game not a cd rw. I dont understand i followed all the rules what happen. Also when i use clony2.006 they said the sims expansion livin large uses safedisc. Could i use this settiing. If it’s safedisc can i use daemon toolz to crack it or other tools like betablocker or something like that.

Originally posted by haroon125
Also when i use clony2.006 they said the sims expansion livin large uses safedisc. Could i use this settiing. If it’s safedisc can i use daemon toolz to crack it or other tools like betablocker or something like that.

I find that when my Plex 40x won’t backup a disk correctly, I turn to Daemon Tools and use the Fast Dump feature. You can read how to do this on their website. With this great utility, I’m able to backup and run any of the latest Safedisc protected games without a problem.

BTW, what type of CD burner do you have?

haroon125 - Do you know if you need a 74’ disc or an 80’ disc - it’s all in the Down & Dirty Post & there’s some (now largely irrelevant) info in the Settings Post - both stuck to the top of the Forum Index for CloneCD :wink:

If you are using v4001 & using the Game CD Profile then something else is wrong - there are many things to check…

hmmmm…try 80 minute media? (im pretty sure u definatley need a 80min CD)

what burner/reader have you got ?
Version of cloneCD ?

what brand of media (disk) are you using ?

LOL, try putting the sims original disk in when it request the proper disk. that should solve your problem.

insert the original sims cd…that will fix it…why are there like 8 different posts all having the same question being asked? i hope this shuts them down :wink:

Originally posted by ckin2001
LOL, try putting the sims original disk in when it request the proper disk. that should solve your problem.

Well the purpose of a backup is that you don’t need the original disc…

Try to fiddle with the settings and burn on an CDrw so you don’t get coasters…

What was the purpose in that ?
if you didnt have anything to contribute, which you obviously dont, you should jump back to the living room forum where you can talk sh#t freely.

enjoy.

thank you for listening

what i mean is, that the sims expansion installer requires the sims original disk in order for the installation to be completed. thats the ‘original’ disk i was referring to. im 99 % sure thast the problem, since if you dont put in the ‘original’ game during the expansion install, it wont work.

now, if you want to bash a helpful suggestion for no reason at all, take yourself to the living room huzzy, where you can talk sh#t freely.

and @ calle - sims original, not original sims expansion :wink: maybe not 2 distinct things, i explained it a lil better in another post.