The secret of a happy life

vbimport

#1

So , what is it..


#2

A combination of all (except for the drugs and religion) above. :slight_smile:


#3

I have to agree with Airhead on this one. A little of just about all of them goes along way


#4

Especially love and friendship is important…

Drug and religion could easily be removed from my list.

But the other sounds okay(money, computer, fast cars…really not needed but will make living more fun).


#5

Originally posted by Airhead
A combination of all (except for the drugs and religion) above. :slight_smile:

The ancient Greeks seem to have found a way to have a religion with drugs in it. :smiley:

We’ve based our societies, laws & customs on them…perhaps we should learn a little more from them.

That wedding ring on your finger is a 3000 year old Greek custom.

They discovered mushrooms & wine.

Dionysus & Pan both seem to have had an interest in wine for their Autum orgies. Pan boasted with having made it with all of Dionysus’ Meneads (even if he was 1/2 goat, he’d need some chemical help on that one…ancient viagara)

Dionysus was the God of fertility & vine culture. He sounds like a smart one if you ask me. “Liquor them up” was a popular pastime in 1800BC. I guess you have to do something when there’s no NHL playoffs.

Mind you there was a lot of male-male relations ships back then too and NO prisions! Ask poor Ganymedes. Zeus himself had the young lad bent over in short order.


#6

Originally posted by Spazmogen
Zeus himself had the young lad bent over in short order.

The German metalband Rammstein made a song about this event…

‘Buck dich, befehl ich dir!’ (Bent over! I command you!)


#7

What about death…

When you look at it, death brings you eternal happiness.
When you are dead, there is nothing to worry about:

[ul]
[li]Noone to upset you;
[/li][li]Noone to turn you down;
[/li][li]Noone to hurt you;
[/li][li]No worries about money that you don’t have;
[/li][li]No worries about your health;
[/li][li]No worries about friends deserting you;
[/li][li]No worries about lovers cheating on you;
[/li][li]No worries about family members dying on you;
[/li][li]No computer to crash on you;
[/li][li]No car to break down on you;
[/li][li]No sex that can cause VDs;
[/li][li]No drugs that can get you addicted (and eventually killed);
[/li][/ul]

Yet still we insist on living… :wink:

(no I am not a pessimist)


#8

I pressed “a computer”. It was a little accident… because you also need a good internet connection :slight_smile:

thats for a happy life.

for a almost perfect life you also need, of course, money, friends, etc…


#9

Originally posted by Spazmogen
The ancient Greeks seem to have found a way to have a religion with drugs in it. :smiley:
We’ve based our societies, laws & customs on them…perhaps we should learn a little more from them.
That wedding ring on your finger is a 3000 year old Greek custom.
They discovered mushrooms & wine.
Dionysus & Pan both seem to have had an interest in wine for their Autum orgies. Pan boasted with having made it with all of Dionysus’ Meneads (even if he was 1/2 goat, he’d need some chemical help on that one…ancient viagara)
Dionysus was the God of fertility & vine culture. He sounds like a smart one if you ask me. “Liquor them up” was a popular pastime in 1800BC. I guess you have to do something when there’s no NHL playoffs.
Mind you there was a lot of male-male relations ships back then too and NO prisions! Ask poor Ganymedes. Zeus himself had the young lad bent over in short order.

Not all quite accurate, but you do have a point :wink:

Actually, all these would only happen in Athens (back then each city was an indipendent state). Not everybody in Athens though did the above. It was all a case of whether being a “civilian”, a “peasant” or a “slave”. Only civilians were the lucky ones!! They didn’t have to work (the others did that), so they could spend more time in philosophy, medicine and all other things they are “famous” for… :wink:


#10

something completely different
Good Health for you and everyone you care about…


#11

Ingredients of my happy life: love and friends, but also equally important: music. Take my tv away, fine, but not my music.


#12

Originally posted by dansmug
Ingredients of my happy life: love and friends, but also equally important: music. Take my tv away, fine, but not my music.

and don’t forget: a beautifull blonde girl!

:stuck_out_tongue:


#13

Who says she has to be blonde…


#14

[off-topic]
It is little inside joke from a thread in one of the Dutch forums. :stuck_out_tongue:
[off-topic]


#15

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
[B]

and don’t forget: a beautifull blonde girl!

:stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

When I manage to get her I’ll be the one sticking my tongue out :smiley:


#16

Money. With it you can buy everything on the list.


#17

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
Money. With it you can buy everything on the list.

Money will give you lots of friends and love who leave when the money is gone.

Quite temporarely solution


#18

you forgot sleep!
happy life depends on lots of unconsciousness.


#19

a combination off love, sex and money


#20

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]

Money will give you lots of friends and love who leave when the money is gone.

Quite temporarely solution [/B]

if u get millions it’s hard to lose them…

but it depends how clever u r …

Ps: u 4got drug(GOOD ONE,man!!!)that money can give ya…