The request could not be performed because of an I/O error

i got a few images that i burned with my liteon dvd burner onto dvd (data). under my precious system (xp) i double clicked on the image file on the dvd (in explorer) and i could mount them directly from the disc. when i try it in my new computer (vista) (and also on other vista pc’s) explorer gives me the error: “the request could not be performed because of an I/O error” and closes down. when i copy that image file to my harddrive however and mount it from there i can access all the files. can anyone help me out here. i’m on this for about 6 months now… thx in advance…

Vista doesn’t have the ability to mount certain types of images natively. You need a program like MagicISO to do that:

http://www.magiciso.com/index.htm

ok, looks promising. i’m gonna try it out tonight when i get home. when i look at the site i see 2 programs:

• the main program
  • MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM

do you know if i only need the second program or the entire bundle?
the second thing i see are the supported file formats:
my image type doesn’t show up in the list & i’m not sure if ntfs is supported. like i said, definitly going to try it out this evening. I’ll keep you informed. thanks for giving me hope again :).

addon:
to be clear; the problem is not mounting (the program i use for that mounts the disc ok) but when i try to open the data from the mounted disk in win explorer the error occurs…