The red pro shutting down

vbimport

I hooked up the red pro from my Toshiba recorder with video out to the unit in then out to my Samsung dvd player in i have the rest of the plugs in like i have done with taping other vhs to my dvds. I start the recording then push playthe unit will go from blinking red to solid red and then a message comes up saying INPUT VIDEO HAS BEEN CHANGED and it stops recording after 3 sec. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE THIS WORK?

[QUOTE=rambo3928;2590356]I hooked up the red pro from my Toshiba recorder with video out to the unit in then out to my Samsung dvd player in i have the rest of the plugs in like i have done with taping other vhs to my dvds. I start the recording then push playthe unit will go from blinking red to solid red and then a message comes up saying INPUT VIDEO HAS BEEN CHANGED and it stops recording after 3 sec. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE THIS WORK?[/QUOTE]

What is red pro? You have to give more info what your using and what model of toshiba recorder your using? Without those info knowing what is need and what kinda of connections they have will be hard to know what your doing. Also have you read and looked at those companies FAQ site to see if they have any solutions to your problem as well as did you read through the manuals to make sure the connections and settings are correctly plugged into or set?

@ coolcolors , red pro is a dimax product.Similar to the Grex but with fewer functions.

@ rambo3928 < have you been to
http://www.xdimax.com/common/default.html
They have diagrams for connecting several DVD recorders.
The Toshiba ones looked like the connection was for combo units.
My first suggestion would be to reverse the video cables on the red pro. Just in case the in & out is incorrect.

thanks for the help but its looking like the tapes it didn’t work on are from another country. It just happen to be the first one we tried it now works but thanks for the info on the grex I didnt know what that one was for

The Grex’s main difference is it can strip out broadcast flags from a cable or satellite receiver . Other than that it also has an S-video out.
It would probably work on the foreign tapes if they are played from the correct player.
I suspect the player you are using as the output doesn’t play the foreign tapes directly to the TV correctly either.

THANK YOU